Vikings Sign RB Aaron Jones

12 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

He's going to add a very fun dynamic to this offense. 

I've always liked how he runs.  It's been a long time since I've gotten to see a Vikings RB be able to fall forward.  It seems to be a lost art, because Dalvin never really did it and Adrian would just run you over, so it wasn't necessary. 

• Like 1

turner1.jpg

The former Packer turned 14 carries into 94 yards and a touchdown. Crunch the numbers and that’s a 6.7 yards-per-carry average. Kevin O’Connell mentioned after the game trying to get him to 100 yards while still trying to be smart with the workload. After all, there are more important games ahead, so limiting the veteran was the right call. There will be no SF upset in Week 2 unless Jones has a great game.

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/vikings/top_news/six-vikings-numbers-giants/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

i like how nobody's feet touch the ground...

Aaron Jones vs the Giants

• Played 30/51 Snaps
  • 14 Carries, 94 Yards (6.7 YPC)
  • 1 More Rushing TD than 2023 Mattison
  • 5.29 Yards AFTER Contact (2nd in NFL)
  • Two 15+ Yard Runs, 6 First Downs
  • 2 Catches for 15 Yards on 2 Targets
  • Ran 12 Routes, Only 1 Pass Block Rep
  • 90.9 PFF Grade (1st in NFL)

VikingsSoldiers.com

@St Vince

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 3

Aaron Jones ran for at least 100 yards in each of Green Bay’s last five games and then moved on to the Vikings as a free agent in the offseason. He remained in good form as he ran for a touchdown in the first half and piled up 93 yards on his first 13 carries against the Giants in Week One.

Jones’s 13th carry came with the Vikings up 28-6 just before the two minute warning and quarterback Sam Darnold told him that O’Connell was going to give him one more chance to keep the streak alive. Jones only picked up one yard, but he made it clear at a Wednesday press conference how much it meant that O’Connell gave him a shot.

Jones: “I really respect Kev for that. He left me in there. I seen Myles about to run in. It was kind of special to me. The players know coach, they know KOC, because they see Myles about to come in and then he stops and goes back off the field and they look at me and they’re like, ‘You must be close to a hundred, he’s gonna let you get hundred.’ I didn’t get it, but just to have that opportunity, a lot of people wouldn’t do that, so I’d like to thank coach for that, that was special. My teammates, they were amped up to get to a hundred as well. We’ll get it this week and the weeks following.”

The 49ers will have something to say about how Jones fares this week, but the fifth game in that Packers run came in Santa Clara during the playoffs so he’s had success against them in the past.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-jones-special-for-kevin-oconnell-to-give-me-a-chance-to-extend-100-yard-streak

• Like 3