Chiefs Sign Hollywood Brown

Perfect fit for the offense, short, skinny and hopefully give us some speed and catching ability deep we sorely need. 

Dude hasn’t ever been in pass-first offense in the NFL, he’s gonna ball out😎

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

So, did Patrick get together with Brown and play catch? Did he give the front office some feedback?

I'd hate to learn that we didn't pass this by Patrick Mahomes before  we committed to Brown.

What are you talking about?

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Based on the last couple of years, Patrick will invite is WR out to his place in Texas for a few days of toss-n'-catch.

It worked in 2022 but not so much in 2023.

I mean at least we got Rashee Rice out of it 

14 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Has Brown and Patrick got together and tossed the ball? Like played catch? Like Rice did last year?

Is that too hard to figure out?

That doesn’t really matter considering we already signed him. Pat don’t get final say on personnel moves, he’s not the diva that Aaron Rodgers is. Do I expect a gathering song throwing sessions with some college guys also invited yes. Do I think that Pat’s feedback is valued sure.  But to act like personnel decision have to be signed off on by Pat considering Brett and Andy clearly know what they’re doing.  Seems a tad over the top.

• Like 1

I'm sure they let Mahomes know they were adding him, and probably told him earlier on they were looking in free agency for a WR. But yeah, as much as we all obviously love Mahomes, talent eval should stay in the hands of those paid to do it. If he wants to endorse somebody or practice with some draft guys and report back, that's cool, but that shouldn't be a prerequisite or a determining factor in roster building. Otherwise you get the 2023 Jets WR corp. Like, I don't want to forever be hitched to Gehrig Dieter, Mecole Hardman, and Justin Watson, because they're some of Mahomes's personal favorites.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

But to act like personnel decision have to be signed off on by Pat considering Brett and Andy clearly know what they’re doing.  Seems a tad over the top

I didn't see any articles regarding any workouts is all I was suggesting. I simply asked the question. You decided to make a federal case over it.

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I didn't see any articles regarding any workouts is all I was suggesting. I simply asked the question. You decided to make a federal case over it.

Alright brother whatever you say.  Last time you picked a fight with me I got warned so I’m gonna leave it alone. Here’s what you’re looking for…

https://x.com/bynatetaylor/status/1769785091436187974?s=46

• Like 1