"Poor man" versions

nicfre2011

Byron Murphy - Michael Hall Jr: Both squatty interior pass-rushers. Murphy more of a three-tech in an even front and holds up better against the run, Hall more of a 4i in an odd front - or DPR. But if you want guys to get after the pass from inside and don't want to spend a premium pick - Hall has some skill. 

Terrion Arnold - Jarvis Brownlee - Arnold will get after guys, pulls no punches in press man and is sticky in coverage. Brownlee is a little smaller, but similarly suitable for a man-coverage scheme, absurdly physical reps on tape and had a great Senior Bowl week when he arrived 

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Byron Murphy - Michael Hall Jr: Both squatty interior pass-rushers. Murphy more of a three-tech in an even front and holds up better against the run, Hall more of a 4i in an odd front - or DPR. But if you want guys to get after the pass from inside and don't want to spend a premium pick - Hall has some skill. 

Terrion Arnold - Jarvis Brownlee - Arnold will get after guys, pulls no punches in press man and is sticky in coverage. Brownlee is a little smaller, but similarly suitable for a man-coverage scheme, absurdly physical reps on tape and had a great Senior Bowl week when he arrived 

Very interesting. I am not familiar with Brownlee. To take the comparison a step further is he similar in some respects to Trent McDuffie? Undersized yet very physical and doesn't back down (plays bigger than size would make you think) in coverage.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:10 PM, Tugboat said:

Honestly...roll the tape on him, and you might come to the same conclusion.

I feel like he's being kind of criminally slept on.  He's got some...kinda sketchy stuff on the side that teams will have to figure out.  But as a football player, to me...he's basically the guy that people are acting like Worthy is.  But more natural at things like...actually catching the football.  And he's small, but an absolute YAC beast.  He's got that fight in him, phenomenal contact balance, and videogame change of direction elusiveness.

The DWI and weapons charges were dropped.

On 3/22/2024 at 2:51 PM, Daniel said:

Bell is very good, but I was surprised by his size.  I have trouble sorting TEs 2-5 in this class, because I had Theo Johnson as TE2, Sanders as TE3, and Bell as TE4 going in.  Johnson had an underwhelming season, and didn't really do much in the tape I watched, but tested like an elite athlete, then Sanders has a great season and tests so bad it's actually in the red flag range, and Bell comes in also with a great season as not even big for a WR.

Sanders and Bell both play similarly, to me.  They're great pass catchers, not so great blockers, and when they get the ball and get moving, they are tough to bring down.  Both have one red flag against them too.  I have Bell right now as TE4 and Sanders as TE5, but Sanders universally gets drafted earlier in mocks, which is why I call Bell a "poor man's version" of Sanders.

People are sleeping on Reiman.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Drive said:

People are sleeping on Reiman.

Haven’t had a chance to scout him in depth yet, but he seems like a good blocker, so I have him on my short list for late picks for the Titans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

The DWI and weapons charges were dropped.

I think the whole thing still invites some questions about who he's associating with and how he even ended up in that situation in the first place though.  But from whatever i have access to as an armchair scout, it seems like it's behind him and he's learned from it.  So i'm treating it as a non-issue.  Individual teams will still be doing their homework on it though.