Commanders sign Jeff Driskel

18 hours ago, offbyone said:

Weird signing.  30 year old qb who doesn't have the experience to be the sage vet in the room or the youth to have any upside.  Peters, you can do better.

With the new rules surrounding the third QB spot on the roster, having someone with starting experience is smart.  This is just like the two catchers in MLB in AAA.  There is always a need for the additional arm.  Just ask the Jets.  

On 4/2/2024 at 5:02 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

With the new rules surrounding the third QB spot on the roster, having someone with starting experience is smart.  This is just like the two catchers in MLB in AAA.  There is always a need for the additional arm.  Just ask the Jets.  

No upside though.  I agree we need more QBs, but don't you think there is someone better available than 30 year old driskol?  

I am severely underwhelmed by BOTH qbs Peters signed so far.

Edited by offbyone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

No upside though.  I agree we need more QBs, but don't you think there is someone better available than 30 year old driskol?  

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952l9nqcf9tocb0h9doav

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 9:26 PM, offbyone said:

After drafting Maye or Daniels at 2, I really hope they take Sam Hartman in the 6th or 7th round bc they could be Sam Howell 2.0 or at worst the next Colt McCoy for us.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

After drafting Maye or Daniels at 2, I really hope they take Sam Hartman in the 6th or 7th round bc that you could be Sam Howell 2.0 or at worst the next Colt McCoy for us.

Not opposed to that.  I think we should take a shot in the 6th/7th round like that every year like him or Slovis or Travis (who I think slappy likes) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Not opposed to that.  I think we should take a shot in the 6th/7th round like that every year like him or Slovis or Travis (who I think slappy likes) 

I love Hartman & Travis. Not so much Slovis, he was all hype & never lived up to it but I really think Hartman & Travis are future career #2 QBs for the next 15-20 years in the pros.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Travis is going to go in the 4th or earlier imo. 

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Travis is going to go in the 4th or earlier imo. 

Maybe, we all thought Sam Howell was going 2nd or 3rd round in 2022 but he fell to the 5th and Sam didn’t have a major injury he was coming back from.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Maybe, we all thought Sam Howell was going 2nd or 3rd round in 2022 but he fell to the 5th and Sam didn’t have a major injury he was coming back from.

Jordan Travis was well on his way to being a Heisman candidate. The closest Sam Howell got was a preseason watch candidate. I am pretty sure the latest you will hear Jordan Travis' name called is the 4th round. 

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Jordan Travis was well on his way to being a Heisman candidate. The closest Sam Howell got was a preseason watch candidate. I am pretty sure the latest you will hear Jordan Travis' name called is the 4th round. 

Sam Howell before his junior year when he had little talent around him was considered a top 10 pick.

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sam Howell before his junior year when he had little talent around him was considered a top 10 pick.

Cool story. Not sure why you felt like bringing up Sam Howell when Jordan Travis was mentioned, but the point still stands, I expect Travis to be drafted in the first 4 rounds. The guy will be a successful NFL QB.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Cool story. Not sure why you felt like bringing up Sam Howell when Jordan Travis was mentioned, but the point still stands, I expect Travis to be drafted in the first 4 rounds. The guy will be a successful NFL QB.

Because I’m pointing out that just bc someone was projected to be picked before they hit the draft process or had an injury doesn't mean they're still going to be picked in that same range after the draft evaluation process or a major injury.

Edited by turtle28

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because I’m pointing out that just bc someone was projected to be picked before they hit the draft process or had an injury doesn't mean they're still going to be picked in that same range after the draft evaluation process or a major injury.

Cool. Michael Penix is a walking medical case, he could go in the first round.

Still has no bearing Jordan Travis, IMO. I appreciate the reminder that he got injured though. If he hadn't gotten injured, we likely are talking about him up next to Jayden Daniels.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Cool. Michael Penix is a walking medical case, he could go in the first round.

Still has no bearing Jordan Travis, IMO. I appreciate the reminder that he got injured though. If he hadn't gotten injured, we likely are talking about him up next to Jayden Daniels.

Nah, he was never going that high. I like Jordan Travis but he's more a Sam Howell type QB than a Jayden Daniels type or even Drake Maye type. I don't remember ever seeing that Jordan Travis was projected to go in round 1.

I do think that Jordan Travis can develop into a Russell Wilson type, they have similar games just like Howell’s game is similar to Wilson’s.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Nah, he was never going that high. I like Jordan Travis but he's more a Sam Howell type QB than a Jayden Daniels type or even Drake Maye type. I don't remember ever seeing that Jordan Travis was projected to go in round 1.

I do think that Jordan Travis can develop into a Russell Wilson type, they have similar games just like Howell’s game is similar to Wilson’s.

I just don't agree with your opinion.

You have the benefit of him being injured and we will never know where he would have gone if he was still healthy, but the guy was playing like a top 10 pick before he got injured.