Commanders sign Jeff Driskel

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, sounds like they're not drafting a QB at 2 now after thus signing. This is QB1.

I'm sure you're being facetious but shoot- are we signing everyone on the junk pile ? Peters said we'd go to camp with 4 Q Bs. Now we have 3. 

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, sounds like they're not drafting a QB at 2 now after thus signing. This is QB1.

I was coming to make this joke... dang it. I'll do if anyway.

Looks like Joe Alt at 2 confirmed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think he’s there to battle it out for a roster spot, either back up or 3rd string. It’s hard for me to believe that AP would go in to the season with Mariota/Driskell and Fromm. 

No chance he is anything more than Fromm's replacement. His addition also has no bearing on their draft plans, IMOm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, I don’t think that’s the case.  Mariota is in every way better.  

That’s a sad post for me to hear. I hate Mariota. Can’t believe he’s going to be the backup. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm still hopeful we take a late-round QB who we hope to groom into our #2 overall’s future backup & who knows maybe we get lucky and that guy really balls out and we can trade him for something in a few years like we just did with Howell.

Drafting Sam Hartman in rounds 6 or 7 makes sense to me. I always have thought he and Howell were pretty equivalent although Howell’s arm is stronger, so NFL.com comps Hartman to Colt Mccoy & I'd certainly take that as a back up. Hartman could definitely be a future #2 for us IMO. 

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

Weird signing.  30 year old qb who doesn't have the experience to be the sage vet in the room or the youth to have any upside.  Peters, you can do better.

They just need a camp arm . That's all this is . However, he's almost the exact size of Maye so now I guess we're drafting Maye !

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Obviously since he's not a mobile QB, this means we're taking Maye at #2 (*)

(*) I mean it makes as much sense as those saying us signing Mariota means we're taking Daniels.

Funny but Driskel is mobile.

• Like 1