Minute Mock rev 3- 2nd to last before the draft

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

The "Lack of effort" comes 7-8 plays into long drives. He's tired. Not unwilling. In the NFL, he'll be able to go full bore and then get subbed out when he's tired. Especially in Atlanta with someone like Lorenzo Carter backing him up, he'll be fine. 

The lack of technique is more a refinement issue. He has solid enough technique now. He's not stupid with his technique. Chop Robinson is what you think Dallas Turner is. Turner is very much a solid enough technical guy right now. Turner went from terrible in run defense to a plus run defender. His hands did improve over the three years. And should only get better. He learned a cross chop and has a standard bull rush that work for him right now. 

I think we need to have a film session, you and me, and I can show you what I see and why I like him.

You know me brother im always down for a film session and to learn what im missing.  Im never 100% stuck in my ways on any person i have been proven wrong many of times.  Their has only been one guy in history i have never listened to anyone else on because i knew for a fact i was right on him coming out.  I have never taken a top 10 guy and called him a 5th rounder or worse before that guy and i never have since then lol.   I think everyone remembers my tirade on jamaal Anderson DE that year i wasn't having it from anyone and i dang sure wasn't allowing anyone to give him us in mocks in the 1st 3 to 4 rounds lol.    Then the Falcons go and slap me in the face and take him at 8 in a class i considered elite and fully loaded with talent across the entire 1st round. 

With Turner i atleast still have him as a top 20 player so i fully see his upside and potential i just take top 10 players alot more serious as i want them to be literal the elite of the elite with very few flaws in your skill if im taking you there.    But absolutely i will gladly do a film session with you one day and try to see what you are seeing im missing.

It'd be mildly annoying to get jumped by the Bills for Brian Thomas Jr.  But i have AD Mitchell right neck and neck with him anyway, so nbd.  I'd be plenty happy with that pick.  I could definitely see the Bills going up and doing that too.  He just feels like the sort of player they'd target at a position of very obvious need, to retool their WR corps.  His size+speed and downfield ability is a perfect match with Big Joshy's ridiculous arm.  Worst case...he's a better Gabe Davis for them.  Best case is enormous upside.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:08 PM, minutemancl said:

32 Kansas City Chiefs- WR Ladd McConkey

Could be any one of the talented WRs left to go here to the Chiefs at 32. I think Ladd seems like the most Andy Reid style one available. While Worthy would be fun, I don't think he ultimately ends up being a first round pick.

Hollywood Brown kills this as an option. The Chiefs want a developmental WR but first round should be OL or DL.