Rousseau 6'6 266  Entering Year 4, great vs Run, just turned 24 April 5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCPph2gygq0PLv1asYmWh

DRAFT:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmt1vvpn6H1tPbSB8BgHE

1.28 Jackson Powers-Johnson 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwR2xHRRULYBTzn-tV-2M

2.60 Troy Franklin WR Oregon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2xaedk8DQIqsO56sRHZu

6'1 7/8 180 (age 21) ....lackluster Combine, Pro-day, VeRY DEEP WR class all cause TF to fall.

3.75 Kiran Amegadijie OT Yale

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROjZQGQ2UtkfWhLdjfSxs

4.122 Dylan Laube Weapon/RB/WR/KR New Hampshire

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7XugsSk0a1CTITS3q3h_

5.163  Ryan Rehkow Punter  BYU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQf7_8ZumQkqy55gOJMEXG

Tory Taylor is the top name discussed in this year's punter class. However, Rehkow put up better statistical numbers. Twice in his four-year career, he posted an average better than 48 yards, something Taylor only did once.

Field position plays a role and there's more to punting than just net average, but it's a gaudy figure that ranks second in FBS history. Rehkow's tape is littered with 60, 70 and even 80-yard boots.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPV7w3Ei7x49dfzdmvtGI

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 2

• SLCbear changed the title to BIG TradeDown Mock

I don't think Troy falls that far but getting Rousseau, Williams, and JPJ alone would make the draft. Franklin would be a stellar pick there. I couldn't remember Rehkow's name but he has a boot so I'd be down.

• Like 1

My brain hurts.  I mean anyone who can predict something like this accurately should also be able to do the same with winning Powerball numbers.  So why do mocks.  Go win a Powerball.  😁

• SLCbear changed the title to Trade WAY Down Mock

I believe in trading down and acquiring as much value as possible.

Unless Joe Alt or MHJ/Nabers/Odunze are sitting there, trade out.

I cannot argue with pairing your generational QB his WR1 or LT of the next decade.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 5:30 PM, Sugashane said:

I don't think Troy falls that far but getting Rousseau, Williams, and JPJ alone would make the draft. Franklin would be a stellar pick there. I couldn't remember Rehkow's name but he has a boot so I'd be down.

Fully agree about Franklin, but several factors seem to be working against him right now. He is around #10 on WR bigboard. 10th guy maybe still be there at 60..

Also Very likely that the Front Office pros view Franklin the same way that you do, and all the talk of him falling is out of hand. 

Edited by SLCbear

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 1:23 AM, soulman said:

My brain hurts.  I mean anyone who can predict something like this accurately should also be able to do the same with winning Powerball numbers.  So why do mocks.  Go win a Powerball.  😁

My brain hurts too trying to figure out a pathway for greatest success amidst all the good but not great variables

Bowers and JPJ are the only can't miss bluechip STUDs that will definitely be there at 9. 

Rome may be there at 9 but he is a tick below these 2 imo

There is a bit of a logjam at TE (also where Keenan mostly plays is a factor). But another sig factor for Drafting a TE or C is that the tag for TEs is only 12m and even less for Cs.  So if you select a TE or C in the top 10 you are already paying them at the height of their respective positions which eliminates any rookie-contract value. This is not a major problem or anything but is a sig factor in figuring out best pathway moving forward 

Bowers at like 15 or JPJ around 25, now we are talking, but it takes a trade partner to actually trade down. Do we take BB at 9 anyways ? Pairing him with Caleb for a 10-12 run sounds pretty great to me 

Then there is the problem of the DLine prospects for this Draft. They look good but not great  

again, moving down to draft D is obviously the best way to do this, and again we need a partner 

This mock gives us a way to maximize everything ....and YES, I will be playing some powerball or something if it plays out this way ha ha 

I think Bowers and JPJ are SPECIAL and that they are both  a little better  than Rome.  Rome is not that far behind though and his rookie Deal is FAR more valuable than BB JpJs rookie deal. So Rome likely is the pick at 9 if all 3 are available. 

What if Rome is not available ???

yea man, my brain hurts too

Edited by SLCbear

On 4/12/2024 at 9:19 AM, USADave said:

I believe in trading down and acquiring as much value as possible.

Unless Joe Alt or MHJ/Nabers/Odunze are sitting there, trade out.

I cannot argue with pairing your generational QB his WR1 or LT of the next decade.

I think it will be Odunze for us at 9 when it's FINALLY over 

Just feels that way

I like Rousseau as a piece but his 17 sacks in 46 games thus far and 13 sacks in the past 2 seasons (only 2.5 more total than Demarcus Walker) doesn’t solve our pass rush issue at all IMO. I’m not dropping nearly 20 spots in a top heavy draft to not really address our biggest current need. For Ed Oliver? Perhaps. But Rousseau and a late 2 isn’t nearly enough for me. 

For the players you picked here, I love JPJ but Poles is smitten with Bates and has been for 2 years, and Shelton is a legit NFL C, so unless all the Bates at C stuff has been a giant rouse (not impossible) I don’t think JPJ is high on our radar. If we land him somehow I’ll be thrilled though. Franklin I’m luke warm on but I don’t hate it. That said, I’m pretty sure Oregon has never produced a good NFL WR. That’s not a specific slight to Franklin, but it’s noteworthy. I don’t think Amegadijie makes it to 75 but I’m good with him there if he does. Laube is a nice piece though he probably doesn’t have much of a 2024 role for us (fine in R4). I’m fine with a punter in the 5th if we acquire that extra pick but it doesn’t feel like Poles will prioritize it to me. 

On 4/14/2024 at 8:19 AM, AZBearsFan said:

I like Rousseau as a piece but his 17 sacks in 46 games thus far and 13 sacks in the past 2 seasons (only 2.5 more total than Demarcus Walker) doesn’t solve our pass rush issue at all IMO. I’m not dropping nearly 20 spots in a top heavy draft to not really address our biggest current need. For Ed Oliver? Perhaps. But Rousseau and a late 2 isn’t nearly enough for me. 

For the players you picked here, I love JPJ but Poles is smitten with Bates and has been for 2 years, and Shelton is a legit NFL C, so unless all the Bates at C stuff has been a giant rouse (not impossible) I don’t think JPJ is high on our radar. If we land him somehow I’ll be thrilled though. Franklin I’m luke warm on but I don’t hate it. That said, I’m pretty sure Oregon has never produced a good NFL WR. That’s not a specific slight to Franklin, but it’s noteworthy. I don’t think Amegadijie makes it to 75 but I’m good with him there if he does. Laube is a nice piece though he probably doesn’t have much of a 2024 role for us (fine in R4). I’m fine with a punter in the 5th if we acquire that extra pick but it doesn’t feel like Poles will prioritize it to me. 

Rousseau (April 5 2000) and Verse (Nov 4 2000) are practically same age, both are good vs the run, neither are elite rushers, neither are worth a top 20 pick, much less Top 10

I would normally expect more to move down 19 spots from Buffalo. I would prefer 2.60 and next year's FRP, or adding a 4th to my original trade proposal, but Buffalo cannot really afford it and finding a move down partner for this Draft is going to be difficult imo.

Picking up Rousseau in this trade gives us an opportunity to strengthen DE2 with a young capable starter on nice trajectory and some upside, highly motivated entering a very important contract yr 4..  AND we get JPJ on a #28 contract 

Then we have #60 to get a weapon or protection for Caleb, a WR or LT like Kingsley will fall bc of the great depth at both positions.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:33 AM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Dude's really had a career arc, not many people found the American Navy and then lay down sick bass lines like that. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStd6uufpnxiFt1435V5ed

some serious range