Jones staying at RT?

rlon

14 hours ago, warfelg said:

I’m not making excuses but with Green we really go over the top and Dodson we put too much stock into his comfortable side. 

Green didn’t look starting quality and he for sure still suffered the same issues, they were just hidden. Kendrick Green played 208 snaps and put up the same PFF grade he did here. 

I’ve said with Dodson he played on the wrong side, but he feels like Manny Sanders to me. A good player who was never healthy enough with us to succeed. 

It’s literally 2 out of dozens of players here, if not more, in Tomlins time that went elsewhere and had success. There’s many more that went elsewhere and straight up sucked after looking serviceable here or we made the playoffs with them as a starter. 

Also on Dodson, a small thought. The coaching staff played him at RG his rookie year filling in for DeCastro, then when DDC was healthy they moved Dodson to LG, and didn’t move him back when DDC retired. Then they went out and signed a guy who was mostly a RG in Daniels the first year after Dodson played LG and struggled (this was they year of the core injury). 

My point being more than just “wrong position” went into Dodson, then we just memed everyone being better at their new team. Witherspoon ended up sucking just as much, Maulet was the same Maulet, Green still stunk. Dodson was literally the only one playing better, and health made a big part of it. Too much stock was put in a single comment he make. Dude played almost the entire last season here with a sports hernia. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 3rivers said:

this year, unwilling to have someone start over moore if they don't get Fuaga or Fuatanu.   Thats the way I see it, and I hope I am wrong. 

will they get RT and Frazier, thats what would really help this team

Now you are starting to make stuff up and post them as fact.  Take a step back and chill.

Posted (edited)

Here is a question…would you match Dotson’s salary to be a right guard to replace Daniels next year? Hell no…that lazy dude wouldn’t see that money from my team if I were a GM. Let’s see how he maintains it after a good season and already procuring big time money. I think there maybe some motivational issues there, and once someone like that gets the money, don’t expect them to stay hungry so to speak. Loved him in the beginning, great story of a dream come true playing for his fathers favorite team…didn’t seem to really appreciate that enough to work to be the best he could be. Sure, injuries happen, but where was the drive? 

Edited by rlon

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Now you are starting to make stuff up and post them as fact.  Take a step back and chill.

that is the concern, not actual fact, so pardon my english and phrasing on that one  :ph34r: