2024: Around the NFL

Forge

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

So we probably just aren't as good as the Vikings which is why we got our *** kicked lol

For being on the road with a blocked punt against what might be the best team in the conference, it really wasn't a bad showing. It's frustrating for a team that thought they were that good themselves, but they just aren't there right now in two phases of the game. The offense was two or three bad plays in that one from a monster performance sans some dudes. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

For being on the road with a blocked punt against what might be the best team in the conference, it really wasn't a bad showing. It's frustrating for a team that thought they were that good themselves, but they just aren't there right now in two phases of the game. The offense was two or three bad plays in that one from a monster performance sans some dudes. 

With each subsequent game the Vikings play, I feel better about our game 😂 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

With each subsequent game the Vikings play, I feel better about our game 😂 

I expected a lot from Brock this year, but he's exceeded my expectations again given the situations he's been in. He's going to play easier slates of defenses with better dudes around him and will probably go up in YPA from the ~9 he's already put up. Last year might legit not have been an outlier for what to expect from Brock and Kyle. That's the thing that kept us feeling like a 2nd tier sort of playoff team - not quite a top contender, but also a very annoying out. But we'll see how the defense holds up. 

10 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Rooting for Detroit. Don't want SEA to start 4-0, regardless of their QB 

Rooting for sea just because I don’t want to go thru Det if they were to get 1 seed. Yes, I know it could be Minn. 

14 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Rooting for Detroit. Don't want SEA to start 4-0, regardless of their QB 

I think Geno is kind of really good, so I definitely don't want them to be 4-0 lol 

• Like 2

I've been pretty staunch in my belief that Shanahan is the best playcaller in the NFL the past 5-6 years, but I gotta say Ben Johnson may have surpassed him.  This dude is calling perfect play after perfect play, and he doesn't have a mobile QB to bail him out. 

Every call just seems perfect. 

Also, Hutchinson looks like the best DE in football.  Much quicker and more agile than Bosa, and just as strong. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think Geno is kind of really good, so I definitely don't want them to be 4-0 lol 

Geno is doing a great late career Trent Green/Rich Gannon impression for sure. Kind of starting to irk me.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe