2024 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread

I think Magee and Hampton are guys where they’re liking the floor as ST guys at bare minimum, with some traits that could pop on defense if everything clicks. Again, very sensible way of going about things, even if I think there were better right-now players on the board at both picks.

I’m still waiting for a guy who can return kicks/punts, though. I genuinely do not see one on the entire roster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think Magee and Hampton are guys where they’re liking the floor as ST guys at bare minimum, with some traits that could pop on defense if everything clicks. Again, very sensible way of going about things, even if I think there were better right-now players on the board at both picks.

I’m still waiting for a guy who can return kicks/punts, though. I genuinely do not see one on the entire roster.

That's a good point. With the new KR rules in place, a good kick returner would be nice. Where's Brandon Banks when you need him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Yeah man, we need a kick returner unless Kazmeir Allen ends up being the guy. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

They have Kazmeir Allen. 😀

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Real life, isn't Madden.

But when I'm drafting in the Madden Franchise & I really don't have room for any position on the team because I like what I have on the roster.

Yet, I still have some 6th or 7th Rd picks?

I usually draft players with special skills, in the hopes they can crack the roster because of that certain skill.

That can be anything from their speed as a WR, CB.

Their KR/PR ability.

Their Strength as a DT or O-lineman.

Depending what Offense I'm running? A QB's throwing power. (Or his overall speed)

Fast RB

Fast TE

If I see nothing special?

I start looking at physical traits.

A 6'3" or taller D-back.

An O-Lineman that weighs 350lbs or close.

A 6'6" or taller WR. (Or TE)

A FB who's fast...or 275 lbs.

Stuff like that.

It's a smart way to draft, imo.

Let's be honest. Most of these 6th & 7th rounders end up not making the team, or getting beat out. They're a dime a dozen.

But if you have a WR who runs a 4.23 40 yard dash, but can't catch?

You start to figure....where could this guy play besides WR?

• Like 2