Draft Day(s) Plans?

General Tso

I was initially planning on going but then plans changed and I am now driving home from Florida Friday and Saturday.  Hope it is a success for the city and brings more potential for big events back to the city.  Looking forward to people experiences.  

• Like 1

I don’t live in Detroit any longer. I thought about going home for the draft but just couldn’t make it work. Took vacation days for the draft, as I do every year, so I’m here with my big boards, player profiles and watching game film. This is my favorite time of year. 

I don't live in Michigan or Detroit but I had considered making the trek down. I was initially going to bring my kids (soon to be 5 and soon to be 3) but decided against it based on the volume of people and their ages. 

After hearing all of the details, I'm kind of glad that I made that call. I'm hearing nearly 400k of people? It's going to be bananas. Great for the local economy and getting Detroit and the Lions into the national scene. 

• Like 3

When we hosted the Super Bowl, I think Detroit was still not far enough along in their revitalization so many may have still had poor ideas of the city.  I think things have come a long way since and with adding LCA that it should give people a better taste of Detroit.  There is so much better housing, hotels, eating, activities etc in Detroit now. 

Side note, I think the Tigers are home Friday and Saturday so should be a mad house down there. 

• Like 3

Hoping that they dont pick in 1st round.  Would hate for so many fans to go to Detroit or have plans hoping to see that 1st round pick and it not happening.

But that is my hope...so hope you all enjoy your parties or what not even if I get my wish of no 1st rounder

Have fun

I went this afternoon.

Although it was the 3rd day, the city was buzzing. So many people, a lot of non-Lions jerseys too. They had some fun attractions, you could see things like the Lombardi trophy or SB rings. There was a fan event for autographs with players. 

All the art, posters, etc was really nice and aesthetic.

• Like 2