2024 NFL Draft Thread

textaz03

Talk is that Dallas is on the phone. It doesn't mean it will lead to anything. But if it does...

Who could be the target they are inquiring on? JPJ? Mims/Guyton/insert OT here? Chop Robinson? Brian Thomas?

Guess it could also be a call if another team calling to say hey, if our guy keeps falling, what would it take for us to come up..

Just now, PincheJimmy said:

Lots of options at 24, im good trading back 3/4 spots 

I'm on board with this completely. Especially if OT is really the key this thing, or even Center. I don't really care for Barton, Guyton, Mims, etc at 24. But at 30 to 32 with another draft pick added to our collection. I can live with that for sure 

Or even netting a high second and a first next year by moving out of round 2 entirely. I'd be cool with that and picking one of the lesser touted tackles or centers, or the dreaded Jonathan Brooks pick, in the second with a 1st round added for next year.

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Mims is now gone 

Thankfully. 

He's too Mekhi Bechton for me. Very intriguing prospect, super gifted. But hard to grade to NFL play. Small body of work, an offense that ran just too much bubble screens, quick hits, and check down stuff to really judge their OLs and how they translate them to the Nfl

3 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I'm on board with this completely. Especially if OT is really the key this thing, or even Center. I don't really care for Barton, Guyton, Mims, etc at 24. But at 30 to 32 with another draft pick added to our collection. I can live with that for sure 

Or even netting a high second and a first next year by moving out of round 2 entirely. I'd be cool with that and picking one of the lesser touted tackles or centers, or the dreaded Jonathan Brooks pick, in the second with a 1st round added for next year.

Fantanu if available, and yeah, if JPJ and Barton still there , trade back and hope one falls 

9 minutes ago, PincheJimmy said:

No way is Brooks an option at 24 

No matter how much they love him, the situation hasn't played out where he should even be mentioned in their discussions. If it played out differently I could see them being that crazy ..

But as it stands they possibly have a choice between Chop Robinson, Terrion Arnold, JPJ(depending on the Eagles ), JerZhan Newton, And then then the often mocked guys of Guyton, Barton, and another OT who's name is escaping me ATM. 

With guys like that available they shouldn't even mention Brooks.

And really, even Guyton (a better fit for RT and A bit more of a project) should be out of the running as well. 

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Top Corner gonna fall right into the Eagles lap 🙄

If he fell to Dallas they'd be crazy not to take him, even with Bland and Diggs.

But if the Eagles take him, it slides JPJ right to Dallas. If they clear his medicals, imo he is the top pure OL in the draft. The only reason he wasn't in talks for.higher in the draft is.because he is a center ... But center is a need,.JPJ is a lock day 1 starter with all pro potential. He has to be the pick if they clear his medicals.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

I think we’re gonna be boring and take Guyton

Only two trades so far, both involving Minnesota. Most teams don’t wanna move up

Idhate the Guyton pick. We have a RT we just gave money to, who is on a solid favorable contract. Guyton is already a bit of a project and projecting him to LT is iffy. Maybe if you play him in a telephone booth inside and kick out Tyler .. but idk I think that would not be wise.

Barton or JPJ seems like better fits. Barton has 5 position flex too, so you could ideally start him at center but see what his athleticism looks like at LT as well, kick him to RG when Martin decides to retire, and essentially have a backup for all 5 positions since center is the least valuable of them all and you can plug in a guy like Bass there for short term.

Barton is my guess right now. But JPJ is hard to pass up if still there

You know. Brian Thomas would also be a PERFECT compliment to CeeDee Lamb. A bit more physical than Lamb. Can run all the routes, so can force defenses to drop a guy over Lamb and be killed by Thomas. And then shift to Thomas when he is burning them, and have Lamb break 3 tackles for a score.

I could definitely be on board with Thomas.