2024 Draft: Day #2, Rounds #2 and #3

Just now, Chiefer said:

There ain’t nobody that has his speed. 😎🏎️💨

Great, he can run in a straight line in shorts without the football. By that argument we didn’t need him because the rugger in theory is faster. 

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

There ain’t nobody that has his speed. 😎🏎️💨

I actually prefer to avoid the fastest guys. It almost never translates to the field. But watching Worthy's tape, it does. Plus I really liked his route running, ball tracking, and general effort. I think he'll be just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I mean I’m gonna trust that Veach knows what he’s doing man. Dynasty maker gets some leeway on my watch 

I agree, gets paid a lot of money, and I like being wrong in this type of thing.  Just thinking with the players available, having that 3rd rounder would be groovy.

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I actually prefer to avoid the fastest guys. It almost never translates to the field. But watching Worthy's tape, it does. Plus I really liked his route running, ball tracking, and general effort. I think he'll be just fine.

This is the salient point. He is a rail--very skinny--but he has the frame to add some meat. He can be the KR/PR (hopefully) and start as a slot receiver like Tyreek Hill. 

It does not hurt that Hill is his idol.

25 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

im more shocked that people are surprised by Veach trading up. It’s his signature draft move

Veach identifies his guys and makes sure he gets one of them.

I'm fine with it. And I have little to no reason to distrust the man at this point. And I get the logic. The gap between players shrinks as the draft goes on. As does the likelihood that another team is eyeing the same player as you.

I think the thing about Kingsley that I like the most is. Ceiling is a great LT, floor is taking over for Taylor as early as we’re comfortable.  In the mean time he’s competing possibly to start at LT, but at minimum with Niang to be the swing back up .

23 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I mean, let’s hope it doesn’t. At this point, get in, go to work, eat your protein and let’s hit it!

The KC Staff thinks that they can add 10 useful pounds by September. 

Since he is only 20 years old his body is still transitioning. A year on a diet and conditioning program could be transformative. I am hoping that is what we see from FAU who was in a similar situation last season. 

One thing we know--he knows open-field running.

4 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Ok, so…Troy Franklin is still available…If we’re gonna go full legion of zoom…

And then grab Jaylen Wright to fill the Jet McKinnon spot 😎

Edited by Chiefs_5627