2024 Draft: Day #2, Rounds #2 and #3

With the trade in the 1st round, the Chiefs are left with only one pick--#64. They still have a list of needs but nothing pressing. 

I like Braden Fiske but I doubt he lasts. TEs are possible but OTs are already picked over. Other possibilities include CB, S, Edge, even RB.

Max Melton is a guy who would be a very Veach pick imho.

If one of the tackles (Paul, Kingsley, Kiran) is there would love them for sure. 

Don't think there's any DLineman I would like here? I think we want a bigger DT or EDGE and that's not where the strength of Day 2 is imho.

OT or CB is the likeliest for me.

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

With the trade in the 1st round, the Chiefs are left with only one pick--#64. They still have a list of needs but nothing pressing. 

I like Braden Fiske but I doubt he lasts. TEs are possible but OTs are already picked over. Other possibilities include CB, S, Edge, even RB.

They do have two 4th round picks so wondering if they leverage those to get back into the 3rd

It wouldn’t shock me to see mobility tonight, since we’ve already failed miserably in this draft my taking up for a one trick pony…kidding, mostly. Beach knows what he’s doing, so as Sean Connery said, now, “I’m waiting to be impressed.”

i think the target is the tackle, guess like Khyree Jackson fit our mold later on at CB. I’m also curious to see if we see a signing today like Smith/Boyd. Seeing as we’re now have two light framed streaking receivers. And one won’t play until next year, right Jay?

4 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

It wouldn’t shock me to see mobility tonight, since we’ve already failed miserably in this draft my taking up for a one trick pony…kidding, mostly. Beach knows what he’s doing, so as Sean Connery said, now, “I’m waiting to be impressed.”

i think the target is the tackle, guess like Khyree Jackson fit our mold later on at CB. I’m also curious to see if we see a signing today like Smith/Boyd. Seeing as we’re now have two light framed streaking receivers. And one won’t play until next year, right Jay?

I think Khyree would be the oldest CB on our roster if we took him lol.   0 fact checking from me,  but I know he’s up there. 

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think Kyree is gonna be taken in round 2 early r3 honestly but my draft crush Elijah Jones might be there for the taking in the 4th, no matter what that agist @RedGold might argue

I give 0 second thoughts, or any first thoughts on DB.    If we take them, I immediately like them and expect them to be good.   I’ll be the homer on whatever DB we pick, because they always seem to work out. 

• Like 2

Patrick Paul and/or Kingsley Suamataia could fall to the 64th pick.  The Chiefs would likely be happy with either.  It is possible if 1 goes early Veach trades up to ensure the other.

47 minutes ago, KCsb said:

Patrick Paul and/or Kingsley Suamataia could fall to the 64th pick.  The Chiefs would likely be happy with either.  It is possible if 1 goes early Veach trades up to ensure the other.

Don't sleep on Kiran Amegadjie. He's young, long, mobile which are promising traits for an OT. He played in Yale so it's hard to project him in a NFL offense, but he's the kind of high upside picks that I could see Veach make in the 2nd.

27 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Don't sleep on Kiran Amegadjie. He's young, long, mobile which are promising traits for an OT. He played in Yale so it's hard to project him in a NFL offense, but he's the kind of high upside picks that I could see Veach make in the 2nd.

I think the ideal scenario is we get one of those 3, preferably without giving up more capital.

1 hour ago, KCsb said:

If either start to fall, my guess is Veach trades up. Imagine if they take another WR 😂

32 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

If either start to fall, my guess is Veach trades up. Imagine if they take another WR 😂

Our only WR under contract next year are Worthy, Rice, and Moore. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we take another one in the 4th or later.