2024 Round 2, Pick 36: DT, Jer'Zhan Newton, Illinois

That’s also part of the reason why the Bucs preferred Graham Barton over Jackson Powers-Johnson in the first round – locker room fit. If Barton was off the board at No. 26 the Bucs were poised to take Illinois defensive tackle Johnny Newton instead of Powers-Johnson – despite the interior offensive line being a more pressing need. Tampa Bay was determined to draft the best player available in the first round.

Thought that was interesting. Tampa Bay could have taken Johnny at #26. 

https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-post-draft-bucs-scoop-and-analysis/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Thought that was interesting. Tampa Bay could have taken Johnny at #26. 

https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-post-draft-bucs-scoop-and-analysis/

I want to know what the issue with JPJ is? Locker room fit doesn’t speak to JPJ being a good teammate & maybe that’s why he fell in the draft and why we passed on him as well, but I still maintain that we had greatly upgraded our interior OL in FA with the additions of Allegretti, Biadasz & Deiter so they didn’t need to take a C or G high in the draft.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This foot injury The whole fiasco sounds so much like the old regime ! I mean when he was drafted he said he was all healed up and ready to go. Did he scam the draft gurus ? Next he's at the rookie camp in a walking boot. Are we that stupid we couldn't uncover this new injury predraft? Who knew and WHEN did they know it. Just like the old regime- No one will say. Quinn says it was an "unfortunate act " . The whole things smells to me. I expect honest complete answers from this group.

I'm very disappointed ! 😡

On 5/13/2024 at 3:49 PM, RSkinGM said:

This foot injury The whole fiasco sounds so much like the old regime ! I mean when he was drafted he said he was all healed up and ready to go. Did he scam the draft gurus ? Next he's at the rookie camp in a walking boot. Are we that stupid we couldn't uncover this new injury predraft? Who knew and WHEN did they know it. Just like the old regime- No one will say. Quinn says it was an "unfortunate act " . The whole things smells to me. I expect honest complete answers from this group.

I'm very disappointed ! 😡

I'm not disappointed now, but if he doesn't play at all this year & doesn't make an impact by at least next year, I'll be disappointed in Peters.