2024 NFL draft Rd 4-7 GDT (No Spoilers!)

GW21

Just now, StevenK said:

Lets bring in Crum or Greenfield then. 

This is probably where I'm at. Just bring in your athletic traits and see if you can develop something. I mock Zakelj as a player because he was so very bad every time he plays, but the idea was right. Take the traits and see if you can iron it out 

• Like 2

I haven't really been significantly moved either good or bad by any of our picks. 

Nothing super crazy either way. 

I think Green was probably the biggest reach from consensus, but I get how an NFL team could fall in love with him. 

• Like 4

CBS Sports write up on Allen FWIW. 

Braelon Allen RB, WISC

Height: 6-2, Weight: 245

Not a freaky specimen athletically but enormous RB with loads of experience. One of the youngest prospects in the entire class. Game is predicated on between-the-tackles vision and effortless power through contact. Not elusiveness or speed. Best pass pro RB in the class. (Chris Trapasso)

I thought this dude would be a great fit to give us the power that Mason provides, but could also be trusted to be on the field on all downs. Oh well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Another mini wide receiver who is not Washington. Wow 

There's gotta be something that we don't know about. Dude had 1400 yards receiving and killed the Shrine Bowl. Hell, he's bigger and longer than a lot of these guys. Jumps higher. Catches a higher percentage of passes. Even if you don't care about the YAC god stuff, he's a great player. I knew that I was going out on a limb early, but this is downright disrespectful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Chances Cowing ends up being better than Pearsall? 

Both are similar - just really impressive route runners against off stuff with some high end speed but difficulty handling physicality. He can end up better if he pisses off Kyle less, lol.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Lets bring in Crum or Greenfield then. 

Yeah for sure. But look at some of the linemen that are going right now. These weren't guys who looked good on film. A lot of projects and projection. Just get good football players at this point

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't really been significantly moved either good or bad by any of our picks. 

Nothing super crazy either way. 

I think Green was probably the biggest reach from consensus, but I get how an NFL team could fall in love with him. 

I don't think the purpose of the draft was to move anyone. The team was hell bent on taking players with a lot of playing experience that will be ready from day one. They did not take any big risks on high potential players. Like you pretty much have a good idea of what each guy will bring to the table and what they will become. Almost all the players drafted will have a solid role at some point next season or 2025.