2024 Ravens Draft - 113th Pick - Devontez Walker

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Devontez Walker, known in the streets as Zone Coverage Hitler

The zone production is good to see considering zone defense is how many teams try and contain Lamar.

Tez Walker does remind of Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith as deep threats with some size to them and Smith in particular with his ability to move the offense with his DPI ability. Hopefully Walker can add that component to our offense as well.

I’m not incredibly high or low on this pick. But I think he’ll be good for the competition of the room, but I don’t think he’s going to be someone that truly can ascend to be a true starter in the event that Bateman doesn’t succeed as we hope.

I'm always on-board with adding a vertical threat. The offense needed somebody in that role besides Flowers and Bateman. Zay can get it done with the way he separates from defenders but that's not Rashod's game.

Now, the biggest thing is for Monken to actually utilize Devontez as such. Don't get cute and put him in the game to run the route tree. Let that man go deep.

Everyone should check out this segment from NFLSE on Walker. (TS 1:05:14). This was when his stock was at it's peak and they really get into some important points regarding the hell he went through with the NCAA and the difference between his 23' tape at Kent State vs the UNC tape. 

This 23' highlight has some of his tape vs Georgia, including the TD where he hit 23.1 MPH. Walker was obviously still dynamic enough to beat someone like Nate Wiggins deep, but in 23' he was even more twitched up and confident. Getting to focus full time on football now and leave all the BS in the past could unlock some deep progression in this kid. 

4 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

He's raw, and the org is not good at training up wrs, Limited Route tree Inconsistent hands, a deep threat which should make zay run more intermediates though.

A raw, limited route running deep threat WR drafted by the Ravens? Hmmmmm....