6.203 - Will Reichard, K, Alabama - #46

17 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

I think it’s hilarious that the Vikings lost Captain Kirk (Cousins), but added Will Riker this offseason! 😂  #StarTrek

Reichard's new nickname from me is Commander.

Commander Reichard.

or we could call him Number One.

O'Connell sends him out for a kick and says... "Make it so, Number One." that's not bad at all, maybe he takes 1 for his jersey number....

• Like 4

Alabama has produced 133 draft picks since 2009, the most of any program in that span, and the Tide have had at least seven draft picks for 13 straight years (2012-present). Having 10 or more players drafted has become a notable water mark in recent years; the Crimson Tide have hit it in five of the last eight drafts (2017, 2019, 2021, 2023 and 2024). 

But if we're going to accept Nick Saban's Alabama as the most prolific producer of pros, how about also celebrating Saban as a coach who sent every position on the depth chart to the next level. 

With the selection of kicker Will Reichard in the sixth round, Saban's time at Alabama has now produced an NFL Draft pick at every single position -- all three levels of the defense, the offensive lines, certainly running backs and wide receivers have all been steady spots to find future pros.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2024-nfl-draft-winners-and-losers-nick-saban-puts-every-position-in-the-pros-colorado-shut-out-again/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3GC0Bjd-x6EB9pEzSFGdKYPpsjOXgwUoLPs1GNKonND1CbG2AiZBjJ5lE_aem_ATYeOHvWJeb-1J5XzX3w6bH0rrVRClgmOo6E2SR6bcDwcUIfe6WARm3jS693Jnv4vsxG0gA5M-OxZ6BM3zBWzZvA

Dallas Turner:  "The Vikings got a cold-blooded sniper; that’s that man ‘Will Record.’ Will was my only kicker in college. That’s all I know. Will is definitely cold-blooded. He showed up every single time we needed him."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/analysis/vikings-got-a-cold-blooded-sniper-source-his-teammate?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We could call him "The Sniper" but a certain group of people would have the meltdown of the century.

I'm sure we can come up with a more PC name.  Hell, we can just go Chuck Connors on him and call him the Rifleman.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm sure we can come up with a more PC name.  Hell, we can just go Chuck Connors on him and call him the Rifleman.   

Really, I don't care what he calls himself lol

I just hope he's a great asset to the team!

• Like 1

Vikings General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah told media members following the draft Reichard had been someone they'd identified early. Minnesota exercised patience before making Reichard the first of three kickers drafted in a small cluster (three from pick 203 to 212) Saturday.

Adofo-Mensah: "You're always nervous, there's a kicker run that's going to happen, and it doesn't matter if it's the fifth round, sixth round or seventh round – and we were lucky enough to start it this time. He's somebody with a great mentality. A really accurate kicker at the collegiate level. Obviously played in a lot of big games at one of the best schools doing it, so we're really excited to add him."

After Reichard makes a field goal, he points up to the sky. The gesture honors his late father, Gary, who sadly passed away in 2016 – just one month after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Reichard: "He was my first kicking coach. I've had a lot of kicking coaches over the years, but he was the one always there training with me on the weekends and taking off work to take me to practice. He'd be proud, this isn't somewhere I thought about playing when he was still here. But he would have loved it for sure. He would have eaten it all up."

https://www.vikings.com/news/will-reichard-nfl-draft-5-things-to-know

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I feel his pain. I had to watch my dad go through that same diagnosis for 8 months and it was excruciating emotionally.

i'm sorry for that real pain you and your family had to feel, and the loss of the many years you still expected to have with him. try to take some solace in knowing that it was coming, being able to prepare for it, and spending his last months together.

my father was perfectly healthy, went to the hospital for a low risk surgery and was recovering extremely well, and then unexpectantly passed on one morning while still there. i never got to see him during the recovery process and was totally shocked it happened.

i never got to say goodbye. at least you had that, it's something.

• Like 4

• VikeManDan changed the title to 6.203 - Will Reichard, K, Alabama - #46