what is left to do for the FO this year

It has been a highly rated draft and the rest of the offseason has got good marks too.

What's left for Khan to do this offseason to get this team the best they can be? 

What player(s) within the cap would you like him to acquire?

Edited by 3rivers

• 3rivers changed the title to what is left to do for the FO this year
1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Honestly? Just sign a slot corner.

I think they need another veteran receiver as well IMO, though I think Mims might be the surprise of camp. I am a little disappointed that they didn’t upgrade over Adams and Fehoko in the draft, but I don’t see the FO doing anything on that front if they didn’t prioritize such with rookie prospects. One cool thing…I think Rich Eisen was interviewing Tomlin and started prepping his question by pointing out how much patchwork they did last year at ILB. Tomlin started smiling before he even got through that point. You can see the confidence he has that they absolutely killed it at this position in free agency and the draft. Nothing to be done at ILB…IMO. Finally, I want them to sign Sutton. You can tell he’s family, even though they couldn’t afford to pay him what he wanted last year. Sometimes family screws up and needs support. But, in the business sense, both sides can benefit…

Edited by rlon

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Honestly? Just sign a slot corner.

what about vet WR?

or get another oT ( D.Smith) and trade /cut moore 

sign Golden or get depth at  DE/OLB

thats about all I can see.  If this team stays healthy in key areas, they will be much better than the last several seasons

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what about vet WR?

or get another oT ( D.Smith) and trade /cut moore 

sign Golden or get depth at  DE/OLB

thats about all I can see.  If this team stays healthy in key areas, they will be much better than the last several seasons

Vet WR - Watkins and Jefferson should fill that role.  Sure we could still bring in Boyd but I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze

OT - No, no one out there is good enough

OLB depth could use some help but Herbig is likely OLB3 now.

sign Golden before he gets a deal somewhere else

OT- get someone better than Moore for similar price or has high Ceiling?  Just for depth, but just in case as well. 

WR  - I think we are set as long as the OL and run game does well

are we (finally) looking forward to the new season for a change?

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

sign Golden before he gets a deal somewhere else

OT- get someone better than Moore for similar price or has high Ceiling?  Just for depth, but just in case as well. 

WR  - I think we are set as long as the OL and run game does well

are we (finally) looking forward to the new season for a change?

I like the idea of resigning Golden, but we are set at OT IMO. We are four deep there, and Anderson can also play tackle (they apparently really like Cook). I should have mentioned, a vet WR makes no sense if it isn’t any better than what we’ve got. There would have to be a unique trait that elevates the unit as a whole. At corner, my focus/hope is now on Sutton, and I like many have no interest in bringing back Pat P. Safety is upgradable, but they already got their guy in FA. 

We certainly need that nickel corner but is anyone as concerned as I am about WR crops?  I guess there isnt much they can do at this point.

Edited by DR43

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

We certainly need that nickel corner but is anyone as concerned as I am about WR crops?  I guess there isnt much they can do at this point.

as long as GP  and Wilson are healthy  - NO

witht he legit OL , run game and TE pass happy offence, the WR's role is reduced.  Expect the OL to take over games. It's been a while , but yes, that is possible and can win lots of games. 

• Like 1