Early predictions: Who is QB1 come week one?

Who wins the starting QB Job?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the starting QB Job?

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Any changes of opinion after game 1?

I was slightly favouring Minshew initially due to his experience and personality and I don’t think either have done enough just yet to change that. I do agree that maybe it’s best to start AOC and have Minshew coming off the bench in a pinch. AOC may be the favourite of the FO due to his being more a system QB. Still too tight to call for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

How is Minshew leading this poll? After multiple years, we know who Minshew is. I also thought AOC looked better last night, although basically a tie. I’m not a fan of Minshew’s timid pocket presence. 

They're both bums who will hold the team back.  You're really splitting hairs with who starts.  

From a fantasy perspective those who draft Adams better hope that Minshew starts as he has shown a propensity to heavily target his top WR.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

They're both bums who will hold the team back.  You're really splitting hairs with who starts.  

From a fantasy perspective those who draft Adams better hope that Minshew starts as he has shown a propensity to heavily target his top WR.  

If Adams has a bad fantasy season, I’m toast lol. I have a ton of Adams in Underdog Tournaments. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

If Adams has a bad fantasy season, I’m toast lol. I have a ton of Adams in Underdog Tournaments. 

lol I did a Yahoo draft for the fun of it and had the choice between MHJ and Adams and went with the MHJ.  With Adams being 1 year older and the possibility of AOC being the QB I went with Harrison.  

Murray isn't a good QB by any means but he is better than either of the staches and has shown to heavily target his top WR in the past.  

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

lol I did a Yahoo draft for the fun of it and had the choice between MHJ and Adams and went with the MHJ.  With Adams being 1 year older and the possibility of AOC being the QB I went with Harrison.  

Murray isn't a good QB by any means but he is better than either of the staches and has shown to heavily target his top WR in the past.  

Harrison is way overvalued in the 2nd Round IMO. One of the biggest overvalues of the entire season. Nabers is a Late 5th and probably has just as good of a season if not better.

32 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Harrison is way overvalued in the 2nd Round IMO. One of the biggest overvalues of the entire season. Nabers is a Late 5th and probably has just as good of a season if not better.

I think he is fairly valued.  If MHJ and Murray stay healthy I see a floor of 1100 and 8 which is similar to Adams.  I went with MHJ based on youth, growth throughout the year and Murray's history of locking on to his #1.  MHJ is a stud who will only get better as time goes on.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think he is fairly valued.  If MHJ and Murray stay healthy I see a floor of 1150 and 8 which is similar to Adams.  I went with MHJ based on youth, growth throughout the year and Murray's history of locking on to his #1.  MHJ is a stud who will only get better as time goes on.  

I think 1175 8 is Harrison’s ceiling not his floor. He’s being drafted at his ceiling which is never a good thing. Adams floor is 1075 6 TDs, and Adams ceiling is like 1350 9 TDs. Adams is being drafted near his floor imo. 

16 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think 1175 8 is Harrison’s ceiling not his floor. He’s being drafted at his ceiling which is never a good thing. Adams floor is 1075 6 TDs, and Adams ceiling is like 1350 9 TDs. Adams is being drafted near his floor imo. 

In 2020 with Murray at QB DHop had 115 receptions and 1400 yards.  I am not saying that MHJ as a rookie will hit those numbers but my point is he is an elite, assending talent with a superior QB, a QB who has shown in the past he can carry a #1 WR. Adams will once again have terrible Qb play and more competition for targets with the addition of Bowers.  I think Adams should once again have a very good year and in line with your 1100 and 6 floor but his upside is capped if AOC starts and I didn't want to take that risk.  If Minshew starts I could see a higher floor. 

MHJ is a rookie but is polished route runner with ideal size and great hands.  The WR's behind him are straight trash and he should be a target hog barring injury.  The Cards didn't take him top 5 without the intent of feeding him. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

In 2020 with Murray at QB DHop had 115 receptions and 1400 yards.  I am not saying that MHJ as a rookie will hit those numbers but my point is he is an elite, assending talent with a superior QB, a QB who has shown in the past he can carry a #1 WR. Adams will once again have terrible Qb play and more competition for targets with the addition of Bowers.  I think Adams should once again have a very good year and in line with your 1100 and 6 floor but his upside is significantly capped if AOC starts and I didn't want to take that risk.  If Minshew starts I could see a higher floor. 

MHJ is a rookie but is polished route runner with ideal size and great hands.  The WR's behind him are straight trash and he should be a target hog barring injury.  The Cards didn't take him top 5 without the intent of feeding him. 

I don’t view MHJ as you do. He’s a Premium Amari Cooper to me. Terrific hands and route runner, solid speed, super polished. Not a great YAC guy, not a great catch in traffic guy. 1225 8 TDs seems like Harrison’s normal season. And as a Rookie, it will be less. If anyone would have a JaMarr Chase Rookie year, that’s Nabers. That man is a beast of beasts. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

I don’t view MHJ as you do. He’s a Premium Amari Cooper to me. Terrific hands and route runner, solid speed, super polished. Not a great YAC guy, not a great catch in traffic guy. 1225 8 TDs seems like Harrison’s normal season. And as a Rookie, it will be less. If anyone would have a JaMarr Chase Rookie year, that’s Nabers. That man is a beast of beasts. 

I do like Nabers as a prospect but having Danny Pennies as his QB frightens me which could very easily hurt his upside considering he has never carried a #1 WR at any point in his career.  Pennies has cracked 20 passing TD's one time in his career and that was as a rookie.  As a talent Nabers is top notch there is no doubting that...

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I do like Nabers as a prospect but having Danny Pennies as his QB frightens me which could very easily hurt his upside considering he has never carried a #1 WR at any point in his career.  Pennies has cracked 20 passing TD's one time in his career and that was as a rookie.  As a talent Nabers is top notch there is no doubting that...

Yeah it scares me as well. But I’ve never seen a team do bare bones at WR/TE. Like they have nothing. It will be Nabers, Nabers, and more Nabers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Nabers is a monster but I worry about the volume with DJ under center

definitely want AOC starting week 1. 
We know Minshew can come in off the bench. 
AOC is younger, and has a higher ceiling, need to see if there is growth. 

Cant tell much from preseason games truthfully, that says if he goes against #2s next week and looks terrible, ill change my mind. 
But with it being close, Ill go AOC everytime. 

Minshew needs to clearly be better to win IMO

• Like 1