Current Roster/Depth Chart (Initial 53 Man 8/27)

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean... I may not like him as a starter, but he's a high end backup.

If they didn't have enough confidence to start him and instead went with Keenum, it's hard for me to have confidence in a resigning him as their #2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Sheesh.  

Somebody giving King bad advice. If you're cut and nobody pick you up, when the opportunity is there, you take it. 

Last year, he was cut by multiple teams before he came back to Htown. 

It has to be a character issue with coaching for him to act this way. 

• Like 2

Its so hard to say whether the secondary really sucked yesterday or if we just had communication problems. Richardson is not an elite QB. He didnt have a great game. If you take away his 2 TDs, which went for 60 and 54, he only went 7 of 17 for 98 yards. But those 2 TDs, and a 3rd 40+ yard play that set them up for a TD run, are really concerning. 

Were they busted coverages? Did we miscommunicate? Did we just get beat because Lassiter, Stingley, Pitre, and Bullock are all still really young guys? 

I cant really answer that without all the info. 

But I do know 2 or 3 other times Richardson had a big play and just didnt complete the pass. 

The fact that our first reaction after Sunday is to try and get King back into a texans uniform is very telling. We are worried about something and I dont know what it is. 

Here is something crazy: Stingley and Lassiter are the only CBs we played against the Colts

Pitre and Ward also played 100% of our snaps. Murray and Bullock came in during nickel and dime packages with Pitre moving down into the slot I believe. 

Bullock and Murray both played 56% of our snaps. 

We also only played 2 linebackers the entire game. Al-Shaair played 100% and To'oto'o played 89%

Doing the math, my guess is that we rotated Bullock and Murray the entire game, and played them together for about 6 snaps. 

our base defense is basically a 4-2-5 and we only have 2 CBs that we trust....so lets get King back and admit we made a mistake in cutting him again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its so hard to say whether the secondary really sucked yesterday or if we just had communication problems. Richardson is not an elite QB. He didnt have a great game. If you take away his 2 TDs, which went for 60 and 54, he only went 7 of 17 for 98 yards. But those 2 TDs, and a 3rd 40+ yard play that set them up for a TD run, are really concerning. 

Were they busted coverages? Did we miscommunicate? Did we just get beat because Lassiter, Stingley, Pitre, and Bullock are all still really young guys? 

I cant really answer that without all the info. 

But I do know 2 or 3 other times Richardson had a big play and just didnt complete the pass. 

The fact that our first reaction after Sunday is to try and get King back into a texans uniform is very telling. We are worried about something and I dont know what it is. 

Here is something crazy: Stingley and Lassiter are the only CBs we played against the Colts

Pitre and Ward also played 100% of our snaps. Murray and Bullock came in during nickel and dime packages with Pitre moving down into the slot I believe. 

Bullock and Murray both played 56% of our snaps. 

We also only played 2 linebackers the entire game. Al-Shaair played 100% and To'oto'o played 89%

Doing the math, my guess is that we rotated Bullock and Murray the entire game, and played them together for about 6 snaps. 

our base defense is basically a 4-2-5 and we only have 2 CBs that we trust....so lets get King back and admit we made a mistake in cutting him again. 

We played 100% of our defensive snaps in nickel. Actually a couple in dime, but none in a 4-3 base look. Pirtre is the nickel back. he's not a safety anymore. 

• Like 1

The Freaking Media man.....i woke up this morning and saw a headline that said "Texans place 1st round pick on IR"

I was in a panic wondering what happened....just talking about OKudah....talk about nearly ruining a morning. 

Brought back memories of Rookie Watson suddenly tearing an ACL in practice on a random wednesday

• Like 2