Chiefs extend Kelce 2yrs

Can’t wait to see the dollars. Was really hoping we’d lock up Bolton, but considering how good Trav has been, and he’s never asked, complained or held out for more money publicly.  Him getting paid in his swan song is fine with me.

Interesting. Curious about the specifics of this, and the motivation behind it for each side. I would not expect him to play another 4 years. But if it's just a way to get him a little extra money the next year or so, and be able to spread it out over several years, then cool. Well-deserved.

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Pete Sweeney said it’s a straight up raise not an extension. Kelce even mentions in the signing video “the next two years”, not 4

This makes dramatically more sense.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Interesting. Curious about the specifics of this, and the motivation behind it for each side. I would not expect him to play another 4 years. But if it's just a way to get him a little extra money the next year or so, and be able to spread it out over several years, then cool. Well-deserved.

The radio had it as 2 years, $34 MM, a new record, through 2026.

I still have not seen it in print. 

Edited by onejayhawk