Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Wilson definitely has a lot of time to develop/hit tbf. Take it from me, you definitely cannot come back 100% from his foot injury that easily. The muscles you rest post-op inherently atrophy because you can't use them. No wonder his conditioning was **** last year. If he isn't impactful like he was at the end of last year, we can start to have an uncomfortable conversation.

Yup no excuse season for Wilson. I remember some saying his foot prevented him from using hand technique so im tryna see some serious improvements 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yup no excuse season for Wilson. I remember some saying his foot prevented him from using hand technique so im tryna see some serious improvements 

Who said that? That's nonsense. His foot prevented him from getting on the field, stunting development. Rookie Dline always struggle with hand technique and need to develop. Is that what you're trying to say here?

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Who said that? That's nonsense. His foot prevented him from getting on the field, stunting development. Rookie Dline always struggle with hand technique and need to develop. Is that what you're trying to say here?

I can remember his foot injury being used as an excuse on why he hasn’t worked on his technique, has poor hand usage etc. not sure who brought it up but it was definitely a ‘thing’.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Naw the excuses were wild and the foot was blamed for his lack of hand technique by some. I even argued that even with a bad foot you can still work on hand technique and you actually will depend on it more with a bad foot. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I can remember his foot injury being used as an excuse on why he hasn’t worked on his technique, has poor hand usage etc. not sure who brought it up but it was definitely a ‘thing’.

Exactly 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw the excuses were wild and the foot was blamed for his lack of hand technique by some. I even argued that even with a bad foot you can still work on hand technique and you actually will depend on it more with a bad foot. 

I don’t think his hand technique is that bad, he has no problem discarding O-linemen it just has to quicker 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sure I guess. But that doesn't ignore the fact that most rookies, even healthy, suck with hand technique as rookies. Outside a polished prospect like Nick Bosa I don't know many that play with good technique. 

I have no dog in the Tyree Wilson fight. But the dude was raw coming out. Him lacking hand technique seems to speak to that as with most rookies on the Dline.  

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Sure I guess. But that doesn't ignore the fact that most rookies, even healthy, suck with hand technique as rookies. Outside a polished prospect like Nick Bosa I don't know many that play with good technique. 

I have no dog in the Tyree Wilson fight. But the dude was raw coming out. Him lacking hand technique seems to speak to that as with most rookies on the Dline.  

Meh agree to disagree. Most dl know rip, swim moves etc as a rookie. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN