Detroit Lions Rookie Camp

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Not sure if you are actually in Allen Park watching the players but one writer who was present mentioned Cade Peterson:

7-on-7 work

"Case Peterson had more success during 7-on-7 drills than Theo Day, as he successfully connected with tight end Parker Hesse twice and running back Michael Herzog during the first team portion.

Peterson is a tryout player worth keeping an eye on. The 2023 GLIAC Player of The Year has immense arm talent and also offers dual-threat capabilities. He threw for 7,231 yards and added 1,686 on the ground for the Lakers, who went 33-5 in his three seasons as a starter."

Detroit Lions 2024 NFL rookie minicamp observations (si.com)

Seems like another person has some good things to say about Cade Peterson and his chances of making the Lions at the #3 QB.  He may have played ad GVSU but he has some legit arm talent.  That video clip in the article speaks for itself.

Lions Rookie QB Has 'Real Shot' to Make Final Roster: Analyst (heavy.com)

Edited by Just Want A Title

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Seems like another person has some good things to say about Cade Peterson and his chances of making the Lions at the #3 QB.  He may have played ad GVSU but he has some legit arm talent.  That video clip in the article speaks for itself.

Lions Rookie QB Has 'Real Shot' to Make Final Roster: Analyst (heavy.com)

I'm not doubting or casting any kind of aspersion on you personally, but Heavy.com is one of the worst sites I've ever come in contact with. It's beyond clickbait. They say almost anything without any kind of real evidence or information.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm not doubting or casting any kind of aspersion on you personally, but Heavy.com is one of the worst sites I've ever come in contact with. It's beyond clickbait. They say almost anything without any kind of real evidence or information.

A lot of the content comes from A-Z sports.  I have read a fair amount of Mike Payton's articles and he is a pretty solid reporter.

11 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I guess it makes for a training camp feel good story so there is that. But these happen every year and then never mean anything. Good exposure for the kid I guess 

12 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I guess it makes for a training camp feel good story so there is that. But these happen every year and then never mean anything. Good exposure for the kid I guess 

I remember hearing a ton this time last year about Dylan Drummond. 

• Like 2

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/5/11/24154205/detroit-lions-rookie-minicamp-observations-first-impressions-draft-picks-2024

Not a lot of info in there but some positive notes.  Looks like Betts got Manu on a play which hopefully is because he is playing well and not because Manu is trash.  Isaiah Williams was pointed out as one of the best UDFA's.  

23 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

A lot of the content comes from A-Z sports.  I have read a fair amount of Mike Payton's articles and he is a pretty solid reporter.

He doesn’t even read his own articles or else there wouldn’t be so many errors in his writing. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/5/11/24154205/detroit-lions-rookie-minicamp-observations-first-impressions-draft-picks-2024

Not a lot of info in there but some positive notes.  Looks like Betts got Manu on a play which hopefully is because he is playing well and not because Manu is trash.  Isaiah Williams was pointed out as one of the best UDFA's.  

They gave Williams enough money that I had him on my predictions to make team. They obviously like him a lot