2024 Bills Schedule

The Week 2 game being a primetime night game is big because middle of Sept will still be hot down there so getting at night when its a little cooler out will be beneficial.

Hate when they do games like how they did us with the Patriots. 2 out of 3 games against them. And if we were both to make the playoffs, there's always that chance of playing them wild card weekend so that would be 3 out of 4 games against them alone. Mix in the division games better.

Wish we had more primetime games at home than away but also glad we aren't playing in any international games this year.

Prediction: 12-5

Super Bowl Champs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have them around 13 wins but can see 10 as a low and 15 as a high (realistic). If Brady really is that much better than Dorsey, then it will far outweigh any of the players they've lost over the year. 

OTAs are showing they want short passing with lots of YACs. They have the personnel to do that, and it's exciting to me. We're going to actually have an identity other than "Save us, Josh!" like Dorsey enjoyed implementing. Strong run game, quick short passing to open things up, Josh doing Josh things when it's needed, etc...yeah, I personally believe we're Gucci. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I have them around 13 wins but can see 10 as a low and 15 as a high (realistic). If Brady really is that much better than Dorsey, then it will far outweigh any of the players they've lost over the year. 

OTAs are showing they want short passing with lots of YACs. They have the personnel to do that, and it's exciting to me. We're going to actually have an identity other than "Save us, Josh!" like Dorsey enjoyed implementing. Strong run game, quick short passing to open things up, Josh doing Josh things when it's needed, etc...yeah, I personally believe we're Gucci. 

I hope you’re right, but I don’t see 13 wins. The schedule is brutal. I think we will be around 9-11 wins and either sneak in the playoffs or just miss the playoffs. I think injuries will be a big factor too. We need to avoid the amount of injuries we had last year. We don’t have the depth like we did in previous years and a lot of the depth is young and inexperienced which could go through some growing pains. If we have the same injury luck as last year I think we will be around 9 wins and miss the playoffs.

• Like 1

I have us in the 9-12 range. 

I think 11-6 wins the division again. Big question for me this season is who does Josh look for on 3rd down and “have to have it” kind of plays. My guess is Kincaid but we’ll see. How fast these guys gel on offense will dictate the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I have us in the 9-12 range. 

I think 11-6 wins the division again. Big question for me this season is who does Josh look for on 3rd down and “have to have it” kind of plays. My guess is Kincaid but we’ll see. How fast these guys gel on offense will dictate the season.

I think Shakir could be another 3rd down chain mover. He is a great separator and can uncover quickly. He has YAC ability to convert 3rd and shorts to 3rd and mediums on quick passes and screens.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think Shakir could be another 3rd down chain mover. He is a great separator and can uncover quickly. He has YAC ability to convert 3rd and shorts to 3rd and mediums on quick passes and screens.

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 12:10 PM, Billsfaninptown said:

I hope you’re right, but I don’t see 13 wins. The schedule is brutal. I think we will be around 9-11 wins and either sneak in the playoffs or just miss the playoffs. I think injuries will be a big factor too. We need to avoid the amount of injuries we had last year. We don’t have the depth like we did in previous years and a lot of the depth is young and inexperienced which could go through some growing pains. If we have the same injury luck as last year I think we will be around 9 wins and miss the playoffs.

I don't think the schedule is all that bad, tbh. I also believe the depth on defense is pretty similar to last year. 

We've had massive injuries on defense two years in a row, and McD is able to scheme well enough to slow down most offenses outside of the top tier ones, and most teams won't have the ability to keep up with Allen if that's the case.  McD has ran out good defenses for years even when they were woefully under skilled. I suppose that's a perk of having a defensive minded coach. 

Looking at the 2022 roster- The O line was *** and the weapons on offense were so bad we had to sign Beasley and Brown off the streets a few weeks before the playoffs. The defense dealt with a wealth of injuries throughout the season. And yet- Buffalo still won 13 games. This team is more well-rounded, and Brady is going to prove to be the better OC in comparison to Dorsey. 

I believe the Buffalo Bills with Josh Allen at the helm and McD coaching will struggle to get below 10 wins on any given year until Allen starts regressing. That's what makes having an elite QB beautiful; the team can compete even during down years. 

Just my opinion, of course. Things can go sideways. I worry most about the O line. if they're mediocre then 9-10 wins and a WC prayer may be the outcome. 

Edited by WizeGuy

6 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I don't think the schedule is all that bad, tbh. I also believe the depth on defense is pretty similar to last year. 

We've had massive injuries on defense two years in a row, and McD is able to scheme well enough to slow down most offenses outside of the top tier ones, and most teams won't have the ability to keep up with Allen if that's the case.  McD has ran out good defenses for years even when they were woefully under skilled. I suppose that's a perk of having a defensive minded coach. 

Looking at the 2022 roster- The O line was *** and the weapons on offense were so bad we had to sign Beasley and Brown off the streets a few weeks before the playoffs. The defense dealt with a wealth of injuries throughout the season. And yet- Buffalo still won 13 games. This team is more well-rounded, and Brady is going to prove to be the better OC in comparison to Dorsey. 

I believe the Buffalo Bills with Josh Allen at the helm and McD coaching will struggle to get below 10 wins on any given year until Allen starts regressing. That's what makes having an elite QB beautiful; the team can compete even during down years. 

Just my opinion, of course. Things can go sideways. I worry most about the O line. if they're mediocre then 9-10 wins and a WC prayer may be the outcome. 

We have the 6th hardest schedule and we play all 4 conference championship teams from last season. Our depth definitely looks thinner this year. We have some young guys and rookies that could step up, but that isn't a guarantee. We have a 31 million dead cap hit from Diggs too. Our edge rushers have let us down in the playoffs the past few years and this might be the thinnest depth we've had at edge the past 4 years. IMO on paper I don't see how this team isn't lacking depth compared to previous seasons. I think next year could be the year where this team really restocks the roster with all of the draft capital and we should be in a much better cap situation.