Official 2025 DL & EDGE Thread

goldfishwars

On 5/21/2024 at 10:16 AM, Daniel said:

I think Pearce and JTT are the cream of the Edge crop myself.  Haven't watched a ton of the other guys specifically, but I've watched a lot of those teams' games, and they didn't jump off the tape that much.  Titans will probably have Edge as a big need in 24, so I'm sure I'll be watching everyone, but getting Pearce to stay in state would be a dream.

There needs to be a jump for JTT to be a top 10 pick.  He started to flash that this past season, but he needs to consistently dominate.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

There needs to be a jump for JTT to be a top 10 pick.  He started to flash that this past season, but he needs to consistently dominate.

I don’t think he will go top 10 ever because his measurements will be mediocre on a good day. I love him as a prospect and think he’s at worst gonna be Jabaal Sheard (who was a good starter) for a long time. Not sure Jabaal Sheard level guys go in the top 10, unless the class sucks (this one doesn’t).

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

DJ Reader and DJ Jones have both made very good livings in the NFL as mostly just a big run stopper and not sure either one of them are a 3 down player.  Grant I would say has more upside than either of those guys.  And he has more pass rush juice than you think.   The difference with guys like Derrick Brown, Buckner, Lawrence and Vea is they can all get after the passer pretty well along with being a big run stoppper and all get paid $17-$24 mil a year.  

Even Davon Hamilton makes around $11 mil a year as a run stopper and not sure he is even that good of a player honestly.  If Grant can keep progressing as a pass rusher he could be a solid 1st round pick.  

Hamilton was on the way to being a top 25IDL before he had a back issue which sidelined him for a significant time and he actually lost weight cuz of the injury and really wasn't himself last year when he returned.   Fully expecting a nice rebound by him cuz we got him some help inside and we also got a hell of a DC that specializes in DL development. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...