2024 NBA Finals: Boston Celtics v Dallas Mavericks

11sanchez11

On 5/31/2024 at 3:09 PM, seminoles1 said:

I really dislike Kyrie, but I also really like Luka. For some reason, I don't like the Celtics.

Rooting for the Mavs I guess, but think Boston ends up winning it if Porzingis is healthy.

While I'm fairly certain he still has the same dumbass beliefs, I'll be magnanimous and compliment Kyrie for being professional this year on and off court. Would be cool for Luka to get a chip way earlier than expected.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 1:17 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I would too. I think I'd take the Celtic on every other head to head matchup for the starters, though. I'm pulling for the Mavs, but I think it will take Luka and Kyrie playing pretty much perfect all series. Mavs maybe have a slight advantage in terms of the bench, but I think the Celtics have considerably better role players. I think Jrue is a big x-factor in this one. He's got experience. 

Why do you think the Mavs have an advantage on the bench? Lively has been good but the Cs still have Horford and I'd take Pritchard over anyone on the Dallas bench beside Lively

I would start White on Kyrie, Jrue on Luka, Tatum on Gafford, Brown on PJ, and Kristaps on DJJ. 

Luka prob starts guarding Jrue. But we will get a lot of switches with Kristaps in the post v Luka. Would be interesting to see if Dallas continues to play defense the way they have the entire playoffs where they overhelp to take away the rim and the other teams best player(s). Cause Boston just spams 3s anyways so you're making take the shots they want anyways.