Steelers extend HC Mike Tomlin through 2027

SteelKing728

On 6/10/2024 at 8:34 PM, Soggust said:

The Fisher comp might make sense if Tomlin lost another SIXTY-FIVE games and didn’t have a ring lol

If it’s so easy to put together 17 consecutive non-losing seasons, I think more coaches should just do that and gain job security.

They had some good players, no doubt. But how many hall of famers? Ben and Troy?

And Ben was never even a top five QB in his era, so its not like they had some huge advantage like BB did with Brady.

Baffling how a guy with his resume is the most underrated coach in the NFL.

57 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

And Ben was never even a top five QB in his era, so its not like they had some huge advantage like BB did with Brady

Ben was a very important piece. Since he retired, they are now on their second starting QB, and I think they will be on their third come next year. He was an important part of three Super Bowl teams (two wins).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Ben was a very important piece. Since he retired, they are now on their second starting QB, and I think they will be on their third come next year. He was an important part of three Super Bowl teams (two wins).

I don't disagree at all.....but he wasn't Tom Brady.

Like if we swap Brady for Ben, what happens? How differently do we view those coaches?

Posted (edited)

I think Ben should share equal blame for our playoff woes. He rarely played like a top 5-10 QB in playoff games after 2008. He was either a game manger type  in playoff games or was turning the ball over all the place putting us in a early hole. I can't think of a playoff game where he put the team on his back and led us to victory after SB43 ...

Edited by August4th

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I don't disagree at all.....but he wasn't Tom Brady.

Like if we swap Brady for Ben, what happens? How differently do we view those coaches?

Ben would win more under Belichick, and Brady would be held back by Tomlin.

• Like 1