2025 NBA Draft Discussion: Capture the Flagg

Texansfan713

• 3 weeks later...

Capture the Flagg is the clear winner here, although I have to admire Pooper for Cooper. Feels like a year where a big market will somehow end up with #1 despite long odds.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Going into the season I think VJ Edgecomb is clearly the second best prospect in the class. He's an elite athlete, has a deep scoring bag at all three levels, can create off the bounce, and projects as a plus defender. I think of all the prospects in the class he has the best chance of becoming the #1 scoring option for a good team, including Flagg. 

I like Ace Bailey but I am concerned with his long term potential as a shot creator and how that will effect his upside. He's obviously a freak athlete but I'm not sure he'll ever be great off the bounce or creating for himself. He reminds me more of guys like Andrew Wiggins and Brandon Miller then a superstar type of wing. 

Dylan Harper is also intriguing but his lack of elite NBA athleticism might limit his ceiling. He reminds me a lot of Cade Cunningham and I'm not sure he will ever be a star just because he doesn't really have the athleticism to really break guys down consistently.