There Can Be Only One: Dynasty League Discussion Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

@JaguarCrazy2832

My team is so young, there is a task force of FBI agents waiting outside my house to pounce at the next thing I do that appears SVU-y.

Right off the bat, I was disappointed to have 1.3. I knew Mahomes/Allen would go 1-2 in some order. I ended up going with the rushing upside of Hurts but I dont love it given its a 6pt per passing TD and running QBs tend to get hurt more often and have shorter careers so what did I do? I drafted ANOTHER one *insert DJ Khaled....here* in Kyler Murray but I did feel like he was good value in the 11th QB taken. R3 was relatively easy going with Puka but there is some concern McVay and Stafford retire together and nuke his value. Round 4 is where I planted my flag that this year wasnt going to be my year and I took the WR3 in Chicago: Rome Odunze. Incredibly talented but down on the pecking order. I rolled the dice on the Ayuik situation thinking this wouldnt be my year anyways so if he's trading or sits out its not THAT big of a deal, same goes for Jonathan Brooks coming off the ACL, if he is on the PUP or starts slow, thats fine, I have him long-term. Rachaad White is a PPR darling and I'm not scared off by Bucky Irving. JSN & Christian Watson are ultra-talented WRs with high upside. I like BRob quite a bit this year and the addition of Daniels will only help his TD opportunities and rushing efficiency. Pearsall is a small hedge on the Ayuik play, if Ayuik stays then I got incredible value in R5 but if he leaves then I got great value on Pearsall and potentially good value on Ayuik depending on the landing spot. I really like Jerome Ford and think he could be great this year as Nick Chubb recovers from exploding his knee like a drunken 4th of July party *looking at you Pierre-Paul*. Double-tapping QBs with Fields and Jones are just 2 bets on guys that at one point had potential but they feel more likely to be backups in 2025 than starters. 

What hurt the most: Besides the bad luck of the draw with getting 1.3, I felt like I was constantly chasing Q3 or TE1 for me so those positions are lacking. TE is tricky in dynasty

Biggest Surprise: TE was the biggest surprise for me. There were 15 TEs taken before I took my first one. That was partially by design but not entirely. I knew once the 5 young guys were gone I was waiting but I didnt think until R14.

Short Term-Long Term: This team is the anti- @Lionized team. We are playing for the future(my oldest players are 27 and thats Lock & Jones). I would be shocked if we made the playoffs this year, maybe not bad enough to end with a Top-2 pick but could be a Top-2 juggernaut on 2025/2026 if these young guys take a step or 2 forward. I took loads of 1st/2nd round picks from the last 2 drafts that struggled so there's possible potential. 

• Like 4

@tyler735

The only other QB I considered was CJ Stroud who went 1.4 to Tyler. He is young, has loads of weapons and the 6pts for passing TDs means he has more potential there than my guy like Hurts(sans the rushing upside). I'm not sure anyone had a more fun draft from round 2 thru 4 than Tyler with Hall-Hall-Achane. Hall & Hill have Top-2 upside at RB/WR and Achane, if he stays healthy, is practically a lock for 5ypc and double digit TDs. Brock Bowers very well could be the TE#1 for dynasty next year if he hits the ground running. He can do it all and may even line up in the backfield for 30-40 carries a year too. Cousins and Mayfield round out a solid trio of QBs on this roster even if Cousins plays 2-3 years. I liked the Evans-Moore-McConkey run because it blends now with future and Moore could be even better next year with Caleb there. I didnt notice it at the time but I really like the Kamara/Kendre picks on the same team because someone in this backfield will be start-worthy. I expect it to be Kamara now but Kendre is very talented and could be worth a 5th/6th round startup pick in 2025. 

What hurt the most: Kendre Miller: I really liked him coming out of TCU and I do think Kamara's days as the feature guy are numbered. This offense has no one that it desperately needs to give work to besides Olave so he could easily be a focal point of the offense in 2025 and beyond. I did want Rattler too as I think he could be starting in NO in 2025 if things break right for him...or not so much for Carr. 

Biggest Surprise: Its always surprising when teams punt QB2 in a SF league but with the # of flex spots, it does lessen the positional need to a point. Baker has more time left than Cousins but is likely a lesser option especially since by the time Cousins is done, Evans might be gone too. 

Short Term-Long Term: Unlike me with youth or Lionized with a win-now approach, this team feels very much in the middle but most of the older players like Evans/Hill/Engram have alot left in the tank so I think the window to win . I really loved the pairings on this team. Engram for now, Bowers for later, Kamara/Kendre, Evans/McConkey etc

• Like 4

@beekay414

The selection of Jordan Love at 1.6 might have been the biggest surprise of the draft just given the draft capital invested. Love has a full arsenal of young weapons and a good offensive HC at his disposal but I would've thought Caleb/Burrow would have been better pocket QBs and Richardson/LJax better mobile ones. Love's 2023 season was a tale of 2 halves much like Trevor's 2022, we'll just have to see if the 2nd half can be extrapolated into a full season. BK was the only other manager to double dip at QB besides me and getting another young star in Herbert was a good get although he can only dream of the weapons Love has at the moment. Following up those 2 youngsters with 3 more high-level talents in Nabers-London-Pitts was a great way to lean into the youth movement. I'm not entirely sure going London-Pitts from the same team was part of the plan but the potential for both to be great is still there. Given the trajectory of this team, I was surprised to see BK double dip RB with Mixon and Jacobs but I liked the Rhamondre/Addison picks. 

What hurt the most: Double taping the Falcons phenoms definitely hurt especially since Pitts was the last of the elite and young TEs. I think he and London could very well combine for 2300 and 18 TDs for the next decade

Biggest Surprise: I already mentioned Love and the mid-round RBs, no need to dive further twice. 

Short Term-Long Term: This team is definitely projected for more long-term success than the immediate although if the young core steps up in 2024, the floor the RBs provide could be enough to contend sooner than later. 

• Like 3

Love > Caleb for sure

Love > Burrow in my heart

and it was 1.5 not 1.6

He's going to be a superstar. 4100 yards, 32 tuds in his first year as a starter and they're growing together? 

2sbgAG.gif

Edited by beekay414

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Love > Caleb for sure

Love > Burrow in my heart

and it was 1.5 not 1.6

He's going to be a superstar. 4100 yards, 32 tuds in his first year as a starter and they're growing together? 

2sbgAG.gif

We’ll see how the Packers do. They weren’t good the first half of last year, Love included. They should have lost against my craptastic Saints. I think that the sample size is too small to say what Love is at this point. 

20 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

We’ll see how the Packers do. They weren’t good the first half of last year, Love included. They should have lost against my craptastic Saints. I think that the sample size is too small to say what Love is at this point. 

While a Detroit fan and not showing support for GB....I do think Love sitting was why he will Successful. He learned a lot imo. 

Do I think he will be top 3 QB? Not with who is in the league. Top 8 for sure. Maybe top 5 (so 4/5)

He has all the tools to succeed but most important he has a fairly stable franchise 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

It will be an interesting follow for sure. 
They were 6-6 in 1 score games I believe too

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

They were young and inexperienced. It's not a coincidence that as they all grew together and gained confidence, they all took off. 

36 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They were young and inexperienced. It's not a coincidence that as they all grew together and gained confidence, they all took off. 

They did get better but even at their best they weren’t great. Tons of close games they could have (and frankly should have) lost. I’d still be optimistic as a Packers fan but it wouldn’t be surprising in the least if they take a step back. 

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

They did get better but even at their best they weren’t great. Tons of close games they could have (and frankly should have) lost. I’d still be optimistic as a Packers fan but it wouldn’t be surprising in the least if they take a step back. 

They were nearly a top 10 offense despite the first half struggles/inexperience (11th in yards/game, 12th in points/game). Trust me, as someone that watched them every week, the offense was clicking the 2nd half of the year once MLF started taking the kid gloves off. The entire offensive playbook will be at Love's disposal in 2024 unlike 2023. There's no reason to believe they'll take a step back for anything other than injury related reasons.