There Can Be Only One: Dynasty League Discussion Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

44 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I've been prepping for re-draft leagues, survivor pools(and of course running the one in the NFL Gen forum) and dealing with Covid for me, my wife and youngest son I totally spaced. I will work on them soon 

Goodness sorry to hear that 

@naptownskinsfan

Picking at the back of R1 means you almost certainly arent going QB-QB but getting LJax and Chase is a fine start. Trevor Lawrence being late R3 is pretty surprising to me. He is young, will throw a ton and has 350-400 yard rushing upside. Rounds 5 thru 9 I thought were great getting Pittman-Walker-Andrews-Deebo. At the time I thought maybe Barkley was a reach but given the win-now nature of the team, him as a RB1 is totally acceptable and even if he takes a step back, Walker has RB1 upside. The WR talent on this team is plentiful and quite possibly too much but given you only have to start 2 RBs, its not a bad strategy in PPR

What hurt the most: Kenneth Walker hurt the most for me. Love the upside, love the value and love the fit with my long-term strategy. 

Biggest Surprise:  I was surprised to see Diggs go 9.9 when older guys like Cooper and Kupp(ironic right?) were on the board and even McLaurin too. 

Short Term-Long Term: This team is 100% in a win-now mode. Other than Walker, I'm not sure anyone was drafted in the last 2 years at RB/WR. There are alot of 28 year old(or in that range) players which still leaves some runway. JJ getting hurt is very unfortunate since we dont get to see him all year. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@naptownskinsfan

Picking at the back of R1 means you almost certainly arent going QB-QB but getting LJax and Chase is a fine start. Trevor Lawrence being late R3 is pretty surprising to me. He is young, will throw a ton and has 350-400 yard rushing upside. Rounds 5 thru 9 I thought were great getting Pittman-Walker-Andrews-Deebo. At the time I thought maybe Barkley was a reach but given the win-now nature of the team, him as a RB1 is totally acceptable and even if he takes a step back, Walker has RB1 upside. The WR talent on this team is plentiful and quite possibly too much but given you only have to start 2 RBs, its not a bad strategy in PPR

What hurt the most: Kenneth Walker hurt the most for me. Love the upside, love the value and love the fit with my long-term strategy. 

Biggest Surprise:  I was surprised to see Diggs go 9.9 when older guys like Cooper and Kupp(ironic right?) were on the board and even McLaurin too. 

Short Term-Long Term: This team is 100% in a win-now mode. Other than Walker, I'm not sure anyone was drafted in the last 2 years at RB/WR. There are alot of 28 year old(or in that range) players which still leaves some runway. JJ getting hurt is very unfortunate since we dont get to see him all year. 

I think Lawrence is in for a big year. He was hurt pretty much all last year and gutted it out. Definitely needs to cut down on fumbles which has been his biggest problem. But hey…I’ve been waiting for a breakout season for a few years now…so who knows. 

Im also sure I’m in the minority but I love McCarthy. Dude is a beautiful passer, great movement skills, great grit. I have rookies getting hurt. But hopefully he has the perseverance to still be great. And there really might not be a better landing spot in football 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:27 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@naptownskinsfan

Haven’t done a dynasty football start up in a long time, so I was happy to jump in.  I just adopted the strategy I used in my last dynasty baseball startup (30 teams) and went BPA.  I ended up winning the first year, and placing #2 the second.  Just don’t ask how I did this year……spoiler, I had my entire finishing pitching staff from last year on the IL at one point.  

Diggs is in a great landing spot, and I also loved getting Walker when I did.  

@Bigbear72

Similar to the pick before this one, expecting QB-QB was unlikely and Burrow-Lamb is a great start either way. Lots of youth to start the draft but that tailed off in the 2nd half of the draft. There is a lot of sneaky upside with guys considered low-end #1s/high end #2. Rice-Waddle-Etienne-Cook all have potential to be Top-10 at their position. 

What hurt the most: James Cook in R6, much like the last team having Cook-Walker go hurt when I desperately wanted a RB. Also Rice is someone I think is an absolute steal at 7.10 and that was with assuming a suspension which wont happen until next year it seems. 

Biggest Surprise: I would've thought there would be more youth-influenced dart throws at RB/WR. There were alot of high-ish floor targets with limited upside. 

Short Term-Long Term: The core of this team is young or at the very least should be around for 4+ years so this team will likely be able to compete now and in the near future. 

• Like 2