2024 Training Camp Thread

Gilmore waived. Will probably end up on the practice squad. 

No shocking cuts so far, IMO. 

Think they have around 25 cuts to make still to get down to 53. 

Also, putting Mahogany on NFLI instead of IR means they still have an open IR slot to stash someone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Nate Sudfeld released.  He likely will be on our PS and that emergency QB though but glad he isnt eating up a 53 man spot. 

I don’t know, emergency QB rule is out this year, vetoed by NFLPA. I think Sucksfeld is just gone. 

Still have Fromm as well (as of the timing of this post). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I don’t know, emergency QB rule is out this year, vetoed by NFLPA. I think Sucksfeld is just gone. 

Still have Fromm as well (as of the timing of this post). 

I didn't realize that.  Guess we just find someone to throw on the PS and that likely will be Fromm.  

Also saw Daly was cut.  Having a long snapper who was a former LB is nice as they say he was good on coverage.  Also a cheaper option most likely. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I didn't realize that.  Guess we just find someone to throw on the PS and that likely will be Fromm.  

Also saw Daly was cut.  Having a long snapper who was a former LB is nice as they say he was good on coverage.  Also a cheaper option most likely. 

Yeah Hatten over Daly caught me off guard but they had McQuaide last season so I don’t think they were married to Daly. Team is going to find versatility where they can. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Nate Sudfeld released.  He likely will be on our PS and that emergency QB though but glad he isnt eating up a 53 man spot. 

This is what I was hoping for, but not expecting. 

Fromm came in and immediately clicked. Sudfeld is just a complete liability on the field. I'm half convinced they kept him around just because he looks like an ugly Jared Goff and plays like a terrible Jared Goff, thus keeping Jared Goff's confidence high.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Fromm came in and immediately clicked. Sudfeld is just a complete liability on the field. I'm half convinced they kept him around just because he looks like an ugly Jared Goff and plays like a terrible Jared Goff, thus keeping Jared Goff's confidence high.

He had to have some value in the QB room. That's the only thing I can think of.