Top 10 NFL rosters of players under 25.

Ozzy

Posted (edited)

1) Detroit Lions:  Penei and Aidan are only 23!  That is absolutely insane because both are absolute prime players at each position, Penei arguably the best OT in football LT or RT.   Campbell, LaPorta and Joseph also are only 23 and studs like Branch and Gibbs are 22, even potential studs in Arnold and Wingo who are both 21.  Great collection of young talent in Detroit.  

Penei Sewell
Aidan Hutchinson
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Jahmyr Gibbs
Sam LaPorta
Brian Branch
Kerby Joseph
Jack Campbell
Jameson Williams
Alim McNeill
Josh Paschal

Notable Rookies: Terrion Arnold, Ennis Rakestraw Jr, Giovanni Manu, Mekhi Wingo, Sione Vaki, Christian Mahogany

2) Houston Texans:  Looking at the top three they are as good as any lead by Stroud of course, nuts Stroud and Anderson Jr who are already stars are both only 22!  Super young and crazy talented.  Very good depth though I feel especially if Kenyon Green can stay healthy and linebackers Harris and To'oTo'o are awesome.  The draft was not as strong as other teams though but so what they killed it in free agency.  

CJ Stroud
Will Anderson Jr
Derek Stingley
Tank Dell
Kenyon Green
Christian Harris
Henry To'oTo'o
Juice Scruggs
Dameon Pierce
John Metchie
Brevin Jordan
Jarrett Patterson

Notable Rookies: Blake Fisher, Kamari Lassiter, Calen Bullock, Cade Stover, Marcus Harris

3) Atlanta Falcons:  Promising group of young talent no question, in terms of top four offensive weapons no team has as good of young players, especially with Moore being added it is quite a group.  A few other solid players and a solid draft really, if some of those DL hit it could be huge and if Penix Jr is a stud there you got, they could be #1 but not sure Penix will see time that soon obviously.

Bijan Robinson
Drake London
Kyle Pitts
Rondale Moore
Matthew Bergeron
Clark Phillips
Tyler Allgeier
Zach Harrison
Tommy Togiai

Notable Rookies: Michael Penix Jr, Brandon Dorlus, Bralen Trice, Ruke Orhorhoro, JD Bertrand, Jase McClellan

4) Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence on that list helps a ton, as does Walker, the rest are talented but still have some work to do.  The draft could be huge and Thomas could be a star, so could Smith potentially.  Do need some other guys to step up though and take their game to another level, you take Trevor Lawrence off the list they would not be nearly this high.

Trevor Lawrence
Travon Walker
Andre Cisco
Tyson Campbell
Anton Harrison
Chad Muma
Antonio Johnson
Brenton Strange
Tank Bigsby
Parker Washington

Notable Rookies: Brian Thomas, Maason Smith, Jarrian Jones, Jordan Jefferson, Javon Foster

5) Kansas City Chiefs:  Very promising even if those two great IOL are now 25.  Great group of LBs and Karlaftis is legit and McDuffie is one of the best in the league at his position.  Depends on the draft how how they develop but they could have a few good ones in that group and we will see how good Joshua Williams is.  Also depends on how good Morris is on the OL of course and Kingsley, if one of those hit that will be huge. 

Trent McDuffie
George Karlaftis
Nick Bolton
Leo Chenal
Joshua Williams
Wanya Morris
Chamarri Conner
Rashee Rice
Bryan Cook
Cam Jones
Fleix Anudike-Uzomah
Kelvin Joseph
Nic Jones

Notable Rookies:  Xavier Worthy, Kingsley Suamataia, Curtis Jacobs, Jared Wiley, Hunter Nourzad, Kamal Hadden, Jaden Hicks

6) Green Bay Packers:  Amazing depth in this group, as deep as any team in the NFL especially if this most recent drat hits and most likely it will.  Outstanding WR, OL and TE as well as LB and RB also potentially.  Crazy thing is Love, McKinney, Stokes, Tom, Watson are all 25.  If they had more proven super stars in this under 25 group they would be higher, and Van Ness could be a star no question same with some of the rookies potentially or the TEs from last year who are both legit.  

Quay Walker
Tucker Kraft
Lukas Van Ness
Luke Musgrave
Rasheed Walker
Romeo Doubs
Jayden Reed
Dontayvion Wicks
Colby Wooden
Isaiah McDuffie
Sean Rhyan
Kingsley Enagbare
Carrington Valentine
Anthony Johnson Jr

Notable Rookies: Edgerrin Cooper, Jordan Morgan, Javon Bullard, MarShawn Lloyd, Michael Pratt, TyRon Hopper, Evan Williams, Kalen King, Travis Glover

7) Baltimore Ravens:  Super star in Hamilton and Linderbaum is very good along with Jones.  Depends on the development of Bateman, Flowers and Likely, also if Mitchell plays but it will be hard with Henry on the roster.  The draft will be big, they still need to address that OLB spot which is a question and who knows how the young guys will take to starting on the OL, but Wiggins could be a star which they need at CB opposite Humphrey.  

Kyle Hamilton
Tyler Linderbaum
Zay Flowers
Travis Jones
Rashod Bateman
Isaiah Likely
Keaton Mitchell
Daniel Faalele
David Ojabo
Trenton Simpson

Notable Rookies: Nate Wiggins, Roger Rosengarten, Adisa Isaac, TJ Tampa, Doevontez Walker, Beau Brade, Devin Leary

8 ) Pittsburgh Steelers:   All depends on how those young OL do and they have a lot of them, potentially four starters maybe, for sure three I feel.  Have other potential studs in Benton, Porter Jr and Pickens of course plus the addition of Queen.  Payton Wilson becomes the starter at ILB that will be huge as well if he does.  

George Pickens
Patrick Queen
Broderick Jones
Keeanu Benton
Joey Porter Jr
Nick Herbig
Darnell Washington
DeMarvin Leal
Logan Lee
Cory Trice

Notable Rookies: Troy Fautanu, Payton Wilson, Roman Wilson, Zach Frazier, Ryan Watts, Mason McCormick

9) Cleveland Browns:  Good depth with this group despite not a great draft with super high picks but some quality talent.  Great CB talent though with Emerson who is a star and Newsome who is really solid also.  Owusu-Koramoah is a stud at LB as well and Moore/Bell are two very promising young WRs no question.  Solid depth and spread out talent overall.

Martin Emerson Jr
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Elijah Moore
Greg Newsome
David Bell
Dawand Jones
Dorian Thompson-Robinson
Siaki Ika
Cedric Tillman
Alex Wright
Luke Wypler
Jerome Ford
Ronnie Hickman

Notable Rookies: Mike Hall, Zak Zinter, Nathaniel Watson, Jamari Thrash, Javion Cohen, Myles Harden

10) Denver Broncos:  Outstanding depth but a few unknowns like Sanders who was hurt all last year and other guys who did not play much.  Super impressive to have two QBs under 25 like Zach Wilson and Bo Nix.  Tons of DB depth with Surtain who is a star and McMillian and those solid safeties especially Sterns.  Could be a great draft as well with some promising players across the board.  They could be higher as a unit no question if certain guys take another step.  

Patrick Surtain II
Javonte Williams
Nik Bonitto
Marvin Mims
JaQuan McMillian
Caden Sterns
Riley Moss
Zach Wilson
Greg Dulcich
JL Skinner
Drew Sanders
Ronnie Perkins
Eyioma Uwazurike

Notable Rookies: Bo Nix, Jonah Ellis, Troy Franklin, Kris Abrams-Draine, Audric Estime, Thomas Yassmin

Honorable mentions:

Philadelphia Eagles:  Could be higher but all depends on that draft class and it could be a really good one potentially.  Also depends on just how good Jurgens and Steen are along with Dean and Brown and the rest.  Could name more guys but more are just big names but did not do a ton last year and despite having a ton of talent and depth at CB they still had to go out and draft a lot of DBs again with guys in Mitchell and DeJean who will be the starters already most likely over the younger corners on the roster.

Jalen Carter
Jordan Davis
Cam Jurgens
Tyler Steen
Nakobe Dean
Sydney Brown
Nolan Smith Jr
Eli Ricks
Kelee Ringo

Notable Rookies: Quinyon Mitchell, Cooper DeJean, Jeremiah Trotter, Will Shipley, Trevor Keegan, Jalyx Hunt, Johnny Wilson, Anias Smith

Cincinnati Bengals:  Have a great top end group with a lot of productive guys, especially if Murphy takes that other step.  Very solid DBs overall no question, really solid draft and Jenkins could be a star and so could Mims.  A lot of guys need to take their game to that next level though.

JaMarr Chase
Myles Murphy
Dax Hill
DJ Turner
Cam Taylor-Britt
Evan McPherson
Chase Brown
Jackson Carman
Andrei Iosivas
Cam Sample
Trey Hill

Notable Rookies: Amarius Mims, Kris Jenkins, Jermaine Burton, McKinnley Jackson, Cedric Johnson, Erick All, Josh Newton

Chicago Bears:  Very good group especially at DB, all depends on how great Caleb Williams is along with Rome, those two are stars it rises the group up overall.  A lot of talent no doubt but some have to take their game to another level no question.

Darnell Wright
Kyler Gordon
Tyrique Stevenson
Roschon Johnson
Terrell Smith
Grevon Dexter
Noah Sewell
Jack Sanborn
Tyson Bagent
Quindell Johnson

Notable Rookies: Caleb Williams, Rome Odunze, Austin Booker, Kiran Amegadijie, Keith Randolph

Top 15 players under 25 in the NFL

CJ Stroud
Penei Sewell
Trevor Lawrence
JaMarr Chase
Aidan Hutchinson
Will Anderson Jr
Jalen Carter
Trent McDuffie
Kyle Hamilton

Derek Stingley
Sauce Gardner
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Brock Purdy
Bijan Robinson
Puka Nacua

Edited by Ozzy

32 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Holy **** can't believe the Cowboys aren't on here lol

I had them top 10 last year, all of these guys are 25 and that is crazy impressive especially the top 3.

Micah Parsons
CeeDee Lamb
Trevon Diggs
Jake Ferguson
Sam Williams
Markquese Bell
Osa Odighizuwa
Jalen Tolbert
Luke Schoonmaker
TJ Bass

This is there list now of guys under 25, clearly not the same when you take out those guys who are 25.  Could be something but the draft class would have to totally hit and guys like Mazi Smith and Overshown would have to really improve and show out.  Will be interesting how the rookie OL do, Beebe I think can ball right away but I would be surprised if Guyton is rock solid from the get go, if anything he should switch to RT and Steele move to LT but not sure that happens.  

DaRon Bland
Tyler Smith
Damone Clark
Trey Lance
Israel Mukuamu
Mazi Smith
DeMarvion Overshown
Deuce Vaughn
Earl Bostick Jr

Notable Rookies: Tyler Guyton, Cooper Beebe, Marist Liufau, Nathan Thomas

Rams?

Puka 

Kyren 

Avilla

Verse

Davis Allen

Kamren Curl

Ernest Jones 

Colby Parkinson

Blame Corum 

Kyren+Puka shart on many. 
I’ll argue they’re already elite and one of the best. Kyren was easily the 2nd best RB last year. Would have been 1 if he didn’t miss 14 games(slight exaggeration). 

Yall tripping.. Ernest Jones is

one of the best defenders in the NFL let alone MLB you never heard of. He’s so good. Yet he’s not talked about. Dudes been in the league for 8 years and is still only

24. Ima report all of yall… Bengals number 1. Them boys cold! Joey B will always be 21 savage in my heart and that makes them 1#

Alexa play Wale number 1. 

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I had them top 10 last year, all of these guys are 25 and that is crazy impressive especially the top 3.

Micah Parsons
CeeDee Lamb
Trevon Diggs
Jake Ferguson
Sam Williams
Markquese Bell
Osa Odighizuwa
Jalen Tolbert
Luke Schoonmaker
TJ Bass

This is there list now of guys under 25, clearly not the same when you take out those guys who are 25.  Could be something but the draft class would have to totally hit and guys like Mazi Smith and Overshown would have to really improve and show out.  Will be interesting how the rookie OL do, Beebe I think can ball right away but I would be surprised if Guyton is rock solid from the get go, if anything he should switch to RT and Steele move to LT but not sure that happens.  

DaRon Bland
Tyler Smith
Damone Clark
Trey Lance
Israel Mukuamu
Mazi Smith
DeMarvion Overshown
Deuce Vaughn
Earl Bostick Jr

Notable Rookies: Tyler Guyton, Cooper Beebe, Marist Liufau, Nathan Thomas

I feel like Daron and Tavon will never be highly graded. Sure they get 20 picks but they alllw 40 tds. It’ll always be that James Harden analogy. It doesn’t matter if you’re dropping 35-40-50 when you’re giving up 40. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

I feel like Daron and Tavon will never be highly graded. Sure they get 20 picks but they alllw 40 tds. It’ll always be that James Harden analogy. It doesn’t matter if you’re dropping 35-40-50 when you’re giving up 40. 

Bland allowed what 4 TDs last year, Diggs gave up 3 TDs in 2022 and 9 the previous two seasons.  

But with Bland what he did is in the record books and that record will not be broken for a very long time.  5 INTs for TDs last year, that is flat out nuts.  That is so difficult to do especially now a days with the quick passing game in the NFL where a corner is rarely even in position to be able to get a pick six because the ball gets out so quickly.

Sure they are not the best two corners on any one team in the NFL, I never said they were.  But it is impressive to consistently get that many INTs especially for Bland to play so well after Diggs got hurt for the year.  What they will be like together who knows but the failure of that Cowboy defense is their **** linebacker player especially now since Vander Esch retired.  They struggle in the middle of the field, think how good Diggs and Bland would be if they had linebackers like Warner and Greenlaw protecting the middle.  We will see if Overshown and Liufau can improve that unit greatly, because just look at the Super Bowl, 49ers and Chiefs have arguably the best three core LBs of any teams in the NFL.  And not LBs in terms of 3/4 pass rushing edge guys, true LBs in a typical 4/3 who cover/blitz/stop the run.  

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Rams?

Puka 

Kyren 

Avilla

Verse

Davis Allen

Kamren Curl

Ernest Jones 

Colby Parkinson

Blame Corum 

Kyren+Puka shart on many. 
I’ll argue they’re already elite and one of the best. Kyren was easily the 2nd best RB last year. Would have been 1 if he didn’t miss 14 games(slight exaggeration). 

Yall tripping.. Ernest Jones is

one of the best defenders in the NFL let alone MLB you never heard of. He’s so good. Yet he’s not talked about. Dudes been in the league for 8 years and is still only

24. Ima report all of yall… Bengals number 1. Them boys cold! Joey B will always be 21 savage in my heart and that makes them 1#

Alexa play Wale number 1. 

I was going to put them in no question, they just missed it.  Really all depends on Verse and Corum, if both are awesome then for sure they could be included in such a list.  They do have a pretty awesome rookie class, and I agree Ernest Jones is a very good ILB and great talent but consistency is important and they do not have deep of a group yet unless all the rookies standout which they could.  And if you take Puka Nacua off that list it changes things as well.  We will see what they do next year, honestly they took most by total surprise last year, see how they do as more of the hunted and without an all time HOF DT in the middle helping everyone on defense play better because of the crazy amount of attention Aaron Donald got week in and week out.  

Puka Nacua
Steve Avila
Ernest Jones
Kyren Williams
Bobby Brown
Derion Kendrick
Tre Tomlinson
Tutu Atwell

Notable rookies: Jared Verse, Blake Corum, Braden Fiske, Kamren Kitchens, Tyler Davis, Brennan Jackson, Kenny Logan, KT Leveston

Kamren Curl is 25 so would not be included.  So is Parkinson and Davis Allen might need to see more from him to include him honestly.  

50 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was going to put them in no question, they just missed it.  Really all depends on Verse and Corum, if both are awesome then for sure they could be included in such a list.  They do have a pretty awesome rookie class, and I agree Ernest Jones is a very good ILB and great talent but consistency is important and they do not have deep of a group yet unless all the rookies standout which they could.  And if you take Puka Nacua off that list it changes things as well.  We will see what they do next year, honestly they took most by total surprise last year, see how they do as more of the hunted and without an all time HOF DT in the middle helping everyone on defense play better because of the crazy amount of attention Aaron Donald got week in and week out.  

Puka Nacua
Steve Avila
Ernest Jones
Kyren Williams
Bobby Brown
Derion Kendrick
Tre Tomlinson
Tutu Atwell

Notable rookies: Jared Verse, Blake Corum, Braden Fiske, Kamren Kitchens, Tyler Davis, Brennan Jackson, Kenny Logan, KT Leveston

Kamren Curl is 25 so would not be included.  So is Parkinson and Davis Allen might need to see more from him to include him honestly.  

Read 25 and under my bad. Still though, Kyren and Puka are essentially what you want your RB and Wr to be. Elite. There’s nothing in their game to suggest it was a one hit wonder. Luka legit destroyed teams and made insane catches. Kyren has the patience and elite vision with a way better oline. Rams had the best offense in the NFL with a healthy Staff, Puka and Kyren. That’s not even taking a healthy Kupp into the frame. Big sample size too. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Bland allowed what 4 TDs last year, Diggs gave up 3 TDs in 2022 and 9 the previous two seasons.  

But with Bland what he did is in the record books and that record will not be broken for a very long time.  5 INTs for TDs last year, that is flat out nuts.  That is so difficult to do especially now a days with the quick passing game in the NFL where a corner is rarely even in position to be able to get a pick six because the ball gets out so quickly.

Sure they are not the best two corners on any one team in the NFL, I never said they were.  But it is impressive to consistently get that many INTs especially for Bland to play so well after Diggs got hurt for the year.  What they will be like together who knows but the failure of that Cowboy defense is their **** linebacker player especially now since Vander Esch retired.  They struggle in the middle of the field, think how good Diggs and Bland would be if they had linebackers like Warner and Greenlaw protecting the middle.  We will see if Overshown and Liufau can improve that unit greatly, because just look at the Super Bowl, 49ers and Chiefs have arguably the best three core LBs of any teams in the NFL.  And not LBs in terms of 3/4 pass rushing edge guys, true LBs in a typical 4/3 who cover/blitz/stop the run.  

I take pose season play into consideration tbh. Saw a defense get lit up by a crappy packers team at home. No good. Ballers ball when the lights it’s brightest 

39 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I take pose season play into consideration tbh. Saw a defense get lit up by a crappy packers team at home. No good. Ballers ball when the lights it’s brightest 

Crappy Packers team?  I wish that was the case but the Packers are anything but, they are an elite football team and easily a top 10 team going into next season.  They have as good of depth and young talent as almost any team in the NFL.

But yeah that was a sad sight in that playoff game, but again I feel that linebacker position is a bigger area of concern than Bland or Diggs at CB.  Yeah they get beat but also make big plays, so what.  

Puka is elite and will be elite going forward, I would not call Kyren Williams an elite back just yet.  He needs to produce and do so consistently for more than just one year.  Tons of running backs have had one good year then kind of fell off the map.  And the fact they drafted Blake Corum means he will be sharing time anyways.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Crappy Packers team?  I wish that was the case but the Packers are anything but, they are an elite football team and easily a top 10 team going into next season.  They have as good of depth and young talent as almost any team in the NFL.

But yeah that was a sad sight in that playoff game, but again I feel that linebacker position is a bigger area of concern than Bland or Diggs at CB.  Yeah they get beat but also make big plays, so what.  

Puka is elite and will be elite going forward, I would not call Kyren Williams an elite back just yet.  He needs to produce and do so consistently for more than just one year.  Tons of running backs have had one good year then kind of fell off the map.  And the fact they drafted Blake Corum means he will be sharing time anyways.  

They drafted Blake because Kyren is 126lbs and missed 4 games. Durability is a concern but there is no doubt he’s a baller.. He has the vision and played really good. Lit up good defenses and was super efficient. He’s also getting better as pass catcher. I understand wanting to see more it’s fair. But his game really translates well, specially since he sees less 8 man boxes more than any RB in the nfl because the Rams use 11 personal a ton. Forcing teams match them. 

ESPN came out with their own list of top rosters of players under 25, I did mine well before this.  Pretty sad list and looks like they did not even consider rookies on some rosters yet did on others, and some teams only list one player?   Then again maybe that is the cut down version someone just copied and posted the ranking numbers, however oddly enough whoever did it included Lamb and Parsons for the Cowboys and both players are 25 so obviously they cannot be included in such a list.   

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/lists/philadelphia-eagles-news-ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-25-talent-young-players/

To me no way are the Texans above the Lions because the Lions have more quality depth than the Texans and a potentially better draft class.  And not sure the Bears are that high but all depends on the draft class, I considered the draft class secondary to the proven players because who knows yet how certain guys will perform as rookies.  Again not sure what the ESPN official article listed but sure hope they had more players ranked that just "elite" ones because it is all about depth and quality depth.  I basically had any solid or promising player under 24 listed on each roster.

Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 6:58 PM, Ozzy said:

Jalen Carter
Jordan Davis
Cam Jurgens
Tyler Steen
Nakobe Dean
Sydney Brown
Eli Ricks
Kelee Ringo

Notable Rookies: Quinyon Mitchell, Cooper DeJean, Jeremiah Trotter, Will Shipley, Trevor Keegan, Jalyx Hunt, Johnny Wilson, Anias Smith

You also forgot Nolan Smith, Milton Williams, Reed Blankenship , Kenny Gainwell, DeVonta Smith (25) Landon Dickerson (25), Jalen Hurts is technically (25) as well, for another month that is.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You also forgot Nolan Smith, Milton Williams, Reed Blankenship , Kenny Gainwell, DeVonta Smith (25) Landon Dickerson (25), Jalen Hurts is technically (25) as well, for another month that is.

The only guy I forgot was Nolan Smith, I will edit it and include him.

The rest of the guys are all 25 and do not count on a list that is only with players under 25 and that includes Williams, Blankenship and Gainwell.

Yes they are right at the cuttoff but there is that cuttoff.

Ben VanSumeren I also almost included but he will have to show a bit more, was great in the preseason last year though.  Could maybe include Tanner McKee but with Pickett coming over doubt McKee is even the backup honestly.  Did not include Garner or Kinnard because honestly not sure either one has shown enough, Kinnard should be way better than he is at this point in his career but pretty nuts he is that young and has only been around a year but pretty telling the Chiefs let loss of him that early also.  

Still all depends on that rookie class which could be extremely good.