Watching the other five 2024 1st round rookie QB's....

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

right, you've written he'll be another Zach Wilson.

and highlights will never give you a true picture of a player, just select plays.

Sure. I've watched him in college and did watch part of Chicago/Tennessee game from week 1. Hero ball is all that he's done since college. It won him a Heisman in college. It won't win him anything in the NFL.

56 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That's not what happened though. He had someone in his lap at the top of most drops. Can't play in structure when the structure is blown up at the snap.

Teams will continue to do this because of William's inability to play within structure though. He's going to bail in a clean pocket. He's going to continue trying to throw off his back foot, or throw the ball across the field. Or take a ton of unnecessary sacks. 

The inability to play within structure and entitlement he's held is the reason I wanted nothing to do with him. I'm glad he's Chicago's problem.

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

What about Caleb Williams’ performance has shown to be soft?

It's mostly about the way he carries himself & his priorities.

In any organisation the tone is set at the top and trickles down through the employees. In football the tone is set with the owners & GM, through to the HC down to the QB down to the rest of the team.

Calebs softness has clearly already been picked up by his offensive line and it can be seen in their performances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Elaborate. And tell everyone how he carries himself, and what his priorities are based on factual information. Not some random picture or meme off of social media. 

Crying after losing in college, cares about his appearance more than the game, sulking & terrible body language on the sideline during week 2 v the Texans

Can't think of any more for now

6 minutes ago, viking said:

Crying after losing in college

Hundreds of players have been seen crying after a tough loss. It literally means nothing. 

7 minutes ago, viking said:

cares about his appearance more than the game

For example? 

7 minutes ago, viking said:

sulking & terrible body language on the sideline during week 2 v the Texans

You’re an expert in body language? You see a two second clip of a player frustrated on the sideline and know everything about them? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Hundreds of players have been seen crying after a tough loss. It literally means nothing. 

For example?

You’re an expert in body language? You see a two second clip of a player frustrated on the sideline and know everything about them? 

Why doesn't crying mean anything? Children cry when things don't go their way not professionals in any career.

For example? I know what you want me to say my friend but I won't :D 

Also keep the conversation to football and football players and not post directed about other posters thank you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, viking said:

Also keep the conversation to football and football players and not post directed about other posters thank you

you made a claim as to information and he's asking you for your level of expertise in the area.

that's not about an individual poster.

i agree that it's nonsense to care one bit about a player's looks or his style of dress (did you see what Pace wore to the game yesterday...?) or jewelry they wear or even if they paint their nails. it's like middle school level criticism to denigrate a player over it.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

you made a claim as to information and he's asking you for your level of expertise in the area.

that's not about an individual poster.

i agree that it's nonsense to care one bit about a player's looks or his style of dress (did you see what Pace wore to the game yesterday...?) or jewelry they wear or even if they paint their nails. it's like middle school level criticism to denigrate a player over it.

It's normal to ask what a posters profession is? That's very personal and not about football

Totally incorrect. The way a player especially a leader carries themselves is taken note by the whole team.  It is especially taken note of when the team stinks (like the Bears so far this year.)

It won't be long until the Bear's Defense gets fed up of carrying Williams and his softness/childishness/self centeredness starts to grind on them