Agatha All Along - September 18th

The Gnat

Last nights episode was great. Definitely laid the groundwork for how the show is going to go. And it surprised me a little bit with some of what happened in it. It's hitting good horror tropes and balancing that with some humor as well. And it name dropped someone who we kind of expected to hear about in WandaVision.

• Like 1

Better story telling in episode 3, still not sure why I am supposed to give a crap about any of these people.  To date Agatha seems to be a generally bad person, most of the coven doesn't seem much better and they killed off the one person you can sort of empathize with (although I don't believe she is actually dead).

Episode 4 is another really good episode. I think that there are some interesting theories and things to be gleaned from it. I'm going to spoiler tag a bunch of stuff.

Spoiler

Firstly, really seems like The Teen is Wiccan. We know they are Billy Kaplan (casting stuff) but the show is pushing it hard that at least Agatha thinks it's her son, Nicholas Scratch which I like.

I think that Rio is actually Death. There are some things that really push it that way. 

And the whole thing really feels like everyone is a direct comparison to the Wizard of Oz
Lilia is the Scarecrow with her mind going
Alice is the cowardly lion not able to face her curse
Jennifer is the Tin Man after losing her heart when she was turned on for the good work she was doing
The Teen is Toto
Agatha is Dorothy wanting go home, home being back to her normal life of powers and to get her home Rio and Nicholas Scratch back.

• Like 1

It's getting harder and harder for me to care about the next episode.  Finally watched episode 4 because one of my sons got around to watching it last night and I watched it with him.  I'll agree that the storytelling is getting a little better, but I still feel no reason to really care about any of these characters other than maybe the singers daughter who was cursed.

On 10/10/2024 at 1:34 AM, Kiltman said:

Didn’t expect who Teen is to be revealed so soon 

Reveal hidden contents

Was kinda obvious since the casting but what a way to introduce Wiccan with that ending.

Yeah, I have no idea who that is

• Like 1