Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Just wait and sign Higgins. Don’t give up assets on a rebuilding team. 

Exactly what I’ve been saying.  Snyder would have done this like with Laverneous Coles.  In today’s NFL, you don’t give up assets like a #1 draft choice and salary as a rebuilding team.  You’ve got to wait and pick your spot if you are that ‘one player away.’  And I don’t think anyone in this forum would argue that we are ‘one player away’ 

• Like 1

Also, the 49ers hold all of the cards here.  Again, they’re going to get a third rounder as a comp pick if he walks away.  So really, you’ve got to offer them at least a second to get them to consider it.  It’s still too rich for me.  

Aiyuk is a very good player but I wonder what McLaurin would look like in that same offense? He’s 80 yards away from being a 1K yard receiver in every season he’s been in the league with probably the worse QB play the league has seen in that time frame. I think the closest we’ve seen to what Terry can actually be is when one-legged Alex Smith was throwing him the ball. I hate that Terry gets dogged because of the crap we’ve put around him. 

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

saw were Amari Cooper would have to be part of any Aiyuk trade. HMMM could it be that the 49ers were asking for Mclaurin maybe

I believe Washington still could be interested in Aiyuk and are trying to get him on the cheap side. besides that he mentioned earlier he want to play for us.

Edited by 4209

5 minutes ago, 4209 said:

saw were Amari Cooper would have to be part of any Aiyuk trade. HMMM could it be that the 49ers were asking for Mclaurin maybe

They want a replacement WR.  This is why the 49ers have all of the leverage here.  Teams are going to cave to their demands, or they hold onto Aiyuk.  It’s really that simple.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I believe Washington still could be interested in Aiyuk and are trying to get him on the cheap side. besides that he mentioned earlier he want to play for us.

Considering there are anywhere from 2-3 other teams trying to get him, I don't think the cheap side exists

• Like 3

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Considering there are anywhere from 2-3 other teams trying to get him, I don't think the cheap side exists

For what it’s worth, while the 49ers do hold the leverage here as far as making a trade……Aiyuk has some of his own.  He can choose to sign or not sign a deal, or not negotiate with a team.  He can say I’m only signing long-term with Washington…….and then what does SF do?  Especially if Peters isn’t going to meet their asking price?  

They likely hold him, and he comes here in the off-season anyway.  Which is ultimately what I envision happening.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They want a replacement WR.  This is why the 49ers have all of the leverage here.  Teams are going to cave to their demands, or they hold onto Aiyuk.  It’s really that simple.  

The patriots could be the team they have the assets.

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For what it’s worth, while the 49ers do hold the leverage here as far as making a trade……Aiyuk has some of his own.  He can choose to sign or not sign a deal, or not negotiate with a team.  He can say I’m only signing long-term with Washington…….and then what does SF do?  Especially if Peters isn’t going to meet their asking price?  

They likely hold him, and he comes here in the off-season anyway.  Which is ultimately what I envision happening.  

Agreed, and am of the opinion they would just keep him also. He's pretty valuable to a Super Bowl run. 

• Like 2

I could easily see Jamin Davis, or Jahan Dotson as possible trade bait.

Scary Terry isn't going anywhere.

I personally hope DT Mathis is part of any deal. I think he sucks. But his once 2nd Rd pick, is probably worth less than a Whopper with no cheese.

I don't think they would trade 1st Rd pick Emmanuel Forbes, because they know he has talent. But does he fit the scheme defensively, with his lack of physicallity & body frame. Although he has long arms & fast.

2 minutes ago, 4209 said:

The patriots could be the team they have the assets.

But teams are not trading high draft picks and then giving a huge salary to a player unless they are one guy away.  Both the Commanders and Patriots have two more off-seasons/drafts before they hit a competitive window, provided Daniels/Maye pan out.  

The Eagles did that with AJ Brown, but it could be argued that they were that one player away and it was well-spent on their part.  The Commanders already have one of the league’s best receivers, and have Dotson who can prove that even Aiyuk might be irrelevant next year if he has a good performance this season.