Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I will believe it when I see it.  

I will also believe an inked contract when we see it.  

I still think he’s desperate to come here.  

We should be very much involved in trading for BA, imo.

We have a pretty big need there. He would be perfect for our scheme. Not my words - Jay Gruden.

We have the cap, to give him a long term deal.

Having said that...

Adam Peters probably knows him better than anyone. At least on this team. 

And if he doesn't want him here, there must be a good reason for it.

Still holding out hope, we get involved late, somehow.

We've seen it before with teams making trades.

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

We have a pretty big need there. He would be perfect for our scheme. Not my words - Jay Gruden.

Having said that...

Unless you are one player away, like the Eagles were with AJ Brown, you just don’t give up cap space (which is an asset itself) and multiple draft picks, including a first or second, for a player.  

I’ve always said, it’s a third and I’m in, but I can’t give up more than that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Unless you are one player away, like the Eagles were with AJ Brown, you just don’t give up cap space (which is an asset itself) and multiple draft picks, including a first or second, for a player.  

I’ve always said, it’s a third and I’m in, but I can’t give up more than that. 

I’d be interested in what the Steelers have offered that the 49ers have reportedly accepted & the trade may happen if Aiyuk agrees to the Pitt contract extension.

17 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Having said that...

“49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk would prefer to stay on the 49ers and is hoping to clear a final hurdle in negotiations before a deal is signed, per @MikeGarafolo

SF has a trade in place with the Steelers, but Aiyuk is holding up the deal in hopes of reaching an agreement with 49ers.”

https://x.com/ninerspride_/status/1823608945384284321?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

15 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Damn, had me too! The fake names on Twitter should be shut down. It has always been bad, but it seems worse with those and spam since Musk took over.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Damn, had me too! The fake names on Twitter should be shut down. It has always been bad, but it seems worse with those and spam since Musk took over.

Some fakes are real bad but this one was pretty good 

• Like 1

It's been leaked that Steelers are offering a 2nd Rd pick & a later pick(s) for BA. As well as 28M.

Can you imagine having Scary Terry & BA as our 1&2?

I would so offer a swap of 1st rounders in 25'.

And our 3rd Rd pick in 25'.

Any WR on our roster except Scary Terry & Luke McCaffrey.

But let's say Jahan Dotson as an example. 

And 28-30M deal.

But I would only do this, if Peters & coach Quinn believe we can make the Playoffs.

To clarify... Washington sends their 1st Rd pick in 25', 3rd Rd pick in 25' & WR Jahan Dotson.

49ers sends their 1st Rd pick & WR BA to Washington.

The only way this deal is bad, is if we suck. Like last yr.

But let's say we go 11-6, like I predict. And Niners go 15-2. Best team in football & win SB. Pick #32.

We would STILL have a 1st Rd pick #32.(Cheaper 1st Rd pick, but still 5th yr option on drafted prospect)

We would not have our 3rd rounder...gone.

We would not have WR Jahan Dotson.

Niners would have our 1st. Anywhere from 19- on...cause we are in the playoffs as well.

-----------------------------------------

We make Niners weaker & Steelers with no BA who we play THIS yr.

But what if we were 11-6 & the Niners had a bad yr for whatever reason. No BA...

Purdy gets hurt....

Let's say they go 7-10 (doubtful sure...but not impossible)

We would actually move UP, in the 1st Rd. Still not have our 3rd & Dotson. But be a legit threat in the Playoffs with 2 viable threats at WR.

What if we faced the Niners in the Playoffs after this trade? We could actually win...lol

Sorry, just spit balling here.

I certainly think the Niners would take this deal, with the arrogance of being good & us bad.

But we could actually win this trade, if we were good & they had an off yr.

But the deal would be better than Pittsburgh.

I would also extend Scary Terry's contract as well. Give him some more guarantee & add a yr or 2 on his deal.

BA is young. He could be here, when Terry is eventually gone.

Cause if Scary Terry gets injured & we don't have anyone else with his talent at WR.

We're screwed....

Adam has to go after BA. It's not only a need, but we have the cap to do it.

We can also focus on drafting a different position next yr draft besides WR, even if the 1st Rd pick were a late one.

Sorry for such a long post, but I had to post it. 

Let's also not forget....

Jayden & BA are buddies. They played together & probably already have chemistry.

Having these 2 lethal combinations would not only scare teams in our passing?

But open up our running game even more for Brian Robinson & company.

Unless BA is a lockerroom destroyer....I can't fathom why we don't improve our team for this yr, with a lethal pair of WR's for Jayden Daniels.

Edited by aceinthehouse

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would so offer a swap of 1st rounders in 25'.

And our 3rd Rd pick in 25'.

I just don't think that is enough.  To me Dotson isn't valued at no more a WR3 at this point.  I think we would have to be at least do a 2nd + Dotson.  Even that likely isn't enough.

I still think long term, Aiyuk is not the right fit here and not the guy I want to invest in.

By the way, I also think Peters might be staying out of the bidding unless the 49ers are committed to trading him.  I am not saying he won't participate if he wants Aiyuk, just that Peters isn't going to make the market.  Driving the market up for Ayuik might be perceived as doing the 49ers dirty so soon after leaving them and being so familiar with the player.  So if there was a trade for him, it would be a last minute move after the 49ers call up peters and say "we're doing this, you want in?".

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would also extend Scary Terry's contract as well. Give him some more guarantee & add a yr or 2 on his deal.

I completely agree with this.  He has never had an injury and is the best player/man in this locker room.  This is the time to do it too.  It would be a team investment.  

• Like 3

I was listening to Kevin Sheehan podcast last night. He had on Dianna Russini & asked her how much interest we had in BA.

She said we did. That we were interested, but it never got into negotiations or compensation & so on.

He asked her, why did we decide not to get serious about a deal?

She said that the money was the turn off for us. That we didn't want to get involved with his demand of 28+M. Not the direction we wanted to go with that.

She also said there is a mystery team that is/was interested that has not been named yet. (We know Cleveland, New England & Pittsburgh are/were).

She also said she believes the Niners will get a deal done, eventually.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

But who knows, right? Maybe we get back involved with BA after having concerns with our WR room?

I hope we do. But I also understand if we do not.

I'm just tired of our team sucking. They're showing way more patience than me. 😆