Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

15 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

If I remember correctly, Floyd came out around 235lbs.  He needed times to get to around 250lbs.

If Booker is over 250lbs now, then he should be the 3rd year Floyd because he is already a better pass rusher than Floyd when he came out.

Here’s where camp stories (and maybe Hard Knocks) gets interesting for me - if Booker lights it up in camp, will people see it more as a hit on a mid round guy who immediately showed his big potential, or a concern about our OTs? 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Sweat said that Dexter did the conditioning test with the DEs. Love to see that kind of commitment to getting his body right. Him having a jump in year 2 would be MASSIVE for our defense. 

For me he is the most interesting (and important) story of TC on the defensive side of the ball...Eric Washington should be in his ear constantly to help with his development and if he can become more consistent with get off, pad level & finishing he will be a real handful in year two.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You say that.

But Floyd was a consensus first round pick.  Not only that, but a high first round pick.  

Booker was a consensus mid round pick.   I find that difference interesting.  

I think it is primarily because there was a lot more tape on Floyd.  Bigger program and stage.  Better competition.  Floyd looked like an elite athlete.  he had the ideal measurables and I believe there is this thinking that there is no real difference between a college senior at 21 or 23/24.  You evaluate either the same.   Which I strongly disagree.  

There was still a lot of projection, but go back and read scouting reports and most thought he would be an elite player in league.  He did turn into a good player.

I get what you are saying...   no beef here😁

When he came out, he was an off ball LB who did the rushing with great effort....  To me he was overrated as an Edge because he lacked strength and weight. 

Yes, he did turned into a good player... only after he kept the weight/strength at the NFL level.

I think if Booker can keep the weight above 250lbs and keep improving, he will be better than Floyd.... not bad for a 5th rounder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Here’s where camp stories (and maybe Hard Knocks) gets interesting for me - if Booker lights it up in camp, will people see it more as a hit on a mid round guy who immediately showed his big potential, or a concern about our OTs? 

If he lights it up, he is a good Edge because our OTs are good....   Just my opinion lolz😂

Bates worked with the 1s on Day 1...Shelton with the 1s on Day 2...I like the fact they are letting them truly compete to see who will start and who is linemen #6...the likelihood is both play a significant amount of snaps this season. 

• Like 1

Finally got a picture of the new Dexter body reporters have been discussing in podcasts.

He looks slimmer than last year, but still big.  

Still waiting to see a good shot Robinson.  People talked about him looking different too.  They said he bulked up.