49ers Training camp 2024

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's pretty interesting for Gray, tbh. 

Gray's basically gotta explode just to hang on the fringes at this point - I don't think that the staff likes him or Brown very much given off-season decisions. But if Gray makes them like him a bit as an X, it could have interesting knock-on effects.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

1,400 total yards and 13 TDs type of season incoming for Deebo or what?? 1,106 total yards and 12 TDs last season in 14 games (excluded Browns game). 

This is ostensibly a contract year for Deebo, so I wouldn't doubt it. 

Mustapha has had a good couple of practices. I know that he had some very ardent supporters pre-draft (Nate tice, for example). 

Are we all in agreement that Cam Latu is probably not on the roster? 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is ostensibly a contract year for Deebo, so I wouldn't doubt it. 

Mustapha has had a good couple of practices. I know that he had some very ardent supporters pre-draft (Nate tice, for example). 

Are we all in agreement that Cam Latu is probably not on the roster? 

I mean Deebo averaged about 80 YPG and nearly a TD a game last season and for some reason it was looked upon as another down year. He's going to do what he did last season but hopefully doesn't miss any games.

Latu is definitely getting cut or will be put on IR again and have a final chance next season. 

I just don't have much concern of our safety room, even if Hufanga is out to start the season. This unit is always rock solid for the most part. 

I'm more interested in putting out a somewhat decent OL unit lol.

Forester was talking about Burford's missed block at the end of the game against the Chiefs and then just randomly mentions how Banks missed one in the 2nd quarter but no one talks about that lol. He wouldn't dare mention Williams missing a block. I think this is Banks last season on the team, even if he has a solid season. He does not have a future on this team. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forester was talking about Burford's missed block at the end of the game against the Chiefs and then just randomly mentions how Banks missed one in the 2nd quarter but no one talks about that lol. He wouldn't dare mention Williams missing a block. I think this is Banks last season on the team, even if he has a solid season. He does not have a future on this team. 

Banks is 100% not a guy they should be giving a second contact to. Perfect example of the guy you bleed out to cut costs. 

• Like 4

It’s not enough for Purdy to continue fleshing out football’s most compelling fairy tale since Kurt Warner.

He wants to be Tom Brady, in all the seven-time Super Bowl champion’s ruthless splendor.

He underscored his intent nearly two hours after Friday’s practice as he ate his lunch in an office across from the 49ers’ locker room at Levi’s Stadium, telling me, “With as good of a team that we have, I want to get to that point where we get to the third quarter, there’s a couple of drives that are crucial, I’m on top of my stuff, we convert on third downs, and we score touchdowns and the lead just gets out of hand. It’s having that Tom Brady kind of feeling. Late in the game, it always felt like Tom was just gonna take over and not make it close. I feel like I can get to that.”

“I want to be dominant,” Purdy said. “Not just win games and feel like, ‘Eh.’ I want to be dominant with consistent decisions and feeling like we’re the top dogs every day.

“There were moments last year in games where I would just — I don’t know what it was in the situation — but we’d be up and it’s, ‘Alright, be smart with the ball,’ or ‘Let’s just make sure we don’t mess up.’ I want to break through that and get to this point of just being dominant, for four quarters, man. That’s my mindset.”

49ers’ Brock Purdy ditches politeness: ‘I want to be dominant’ (sfchronicle.com)

Kid has aura....and a whole a lot of confidence lol. Love it. 

• Like 6

Per Shanny:

Cowing is dealing with a hammy injury.

Burford has a broken hand that may require surgery.

Pearsall may make his practice debut on Monday.

Hufanga will be off the PUP list in a week or two. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Per Shanny:

Burford has a broken hand that may require surgery.

Pearsall may make his practice debut on Monday.

Hufanga will be off the PUP list in a week or two. 

Come on down Puni! I’m excited about Puni in pass-pro. I hope he can do enough to win the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

3/3 in rookie skill players dealing with hamstring injuries is some good work

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'm not worried about this team under Brock and Shanahan, they will be good for a while. Kid is on a mission

This is the last year I feel comfortable that it's a legit super bowl quality team. For the first time in several years, beyond this year I feel like I have to see what they do on a year in and year out basis. Who they bring in, who leaves, etc. 

Probably the first time I've felt like that since 2019? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the last year I feel comfortable that it's a legit super bowl quality team. For the first time in several years, beyond this year I feel like I have to see what they do on a year in and year out basis. Who they bring in, who leaves, etc. 

Probably the first time I've felt like that since 2019? 

I feel pretty good about this team moving forward. Purdy, Bosa, and Warner is one hell of a core. Kittle should be around until he retires imo, same with Trent and McCaffrey. 

• Like 1