2024 Training Camp

Gilmore cycled in for a few reps on defense for a group that also welcomed the return of Shaq Griffin for some reps. It was the first on-field action for Griffin since he suffered a leg injury while returning an interception on July 25.

Griffin: "First play, I get a dig by Jetts, and they was telling me, 'Slow down, slow down, slow down! Take your time,' so they know I'm overly excited. I think it feels good to be back with the guys and moving around, training with those guys and getting better."

Griffin did some running last week in Cleveland and is being ramped up, allowing him the opportunity "to get my wind back, get my legs under control."

Asked if he was at 100 percent, Griffin said, "If you ask me, I'm going to say that, but for the guys in the training room, they're doing a good job of making sure I'm patient and take my time with everything, not just throwing me in, doing every single play, but putting me at a pace I need to go at, so by next week, I'm a full go."

https://www.vikings.com/news/stephon-gilmore-debuts-shaq-griffin-returns-byron-murphy-interception

The Vikings also worked a good bit on stacks and bunches for receiving options against defensive players.

Byron Murphy, Jr., opened the drill with great coverage against Jefferson. Darnold followed with completions to Aaron Jones, Sr., and Josh Oliver.

Rookie Dwight McGlothern, who returned an interception 91 yards at Cleveland Saturday, swiped another pick Tuesday. He stepped in front of a Mullens pass intended for Malik Knowles.

vikings.com

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I guess. They signed him and waived Najee Thompson.

If he clears, they could move him to IR.  He was a ST ace last year, so they may want to keep him around for next year, if he's willing.

• Like 1

Although Ibrahim was not selected during the 2023 NFL draft, he signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent immediately after the draft’s conclusion. He was waived/injured on August 20, 2023, and placed on injured reserve. He was released six days later with an injury settlement. He was re-signed to the practice squad on October 17. He was elevated to the active roster ahead of a road game against the Baltimore Ravens on October 22. While being tackled during a kickoff return in the third quarter, he suffered a hip injury (later revealed to be a dislocation) and had to be carted off the field. The Lions placed him on the practice squad/injured list two days later. He was not signed to a reserve/future contract after the season and thus became a free agent when his practice squad contract expired.

wiki

• Like 1

Tight end T.J. Hockenson and receiver Jordan Addison worked out on a side field. Hockenson has been running and catching passes on air this week, but Thursday was the first time Addison had joined him since he suffered an ankle injury during the Aug. 14 joint practice at Cleveland.

vikings.com

• Like 1