Training Camp 2024

12 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Saw a video of it on Landry locker, totally uncalled for. Definitely respect stingley less now

This is typical Training Camp behavior - not like he's breaking orbital bones like Bill Romanowski or something.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is typical Training Camp behavior - not like he's breaking orbital bones like Bill Romanowski or something.

I dono.. I feel like usually a fight breaks out like, at the end of a play, because somebody was going a little too extra or something like that. He jut straight snuck up on him and blindside cheapshotted him for seemingly no reason after the play was over. 

40 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I dono.. I feel like usually a fight breaks out like, at the end of a play, because somebody was going a little too extra or something like that. He jut straight snuck up on him and blindside cheapshotted him for seemingly no reason after the play was over. 

Looked like that to me as well.... I can only think that maybe Schultz was saying something that was inaudible on the video, but the players could hear it

Edited by jch1911
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Blaze said:

Over a practice "fight? I don't care whatsoever. Teammate fights happen. Been in more than a few. I'd argue it shows who has your back in the trenchez.

I was at Houston Cougars practices under Tom Herman alot.  It used to happen every single practice under him.  As long as it contributes to winning IDC how many fights happen at practice. lol

• Like 1

I completely forgot Noah Brown is on this team.

Nico, Diggs, Tank, Brown, Metchie, Woods, Hutchinson. That's a lotta names. Woods assuredly is gone, Hutchinson plays ST as a gunner so he's safe. So Brown and Metchie for the 4th spot? Or do they carry six WRs?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I completely forgot Noah Brown is on this team.

Nico, Diggs, Tank, Brown, Metchie, Woods, Hutchinson. That's a lotta names. Woods assuredly is gone, Hutchinson plays ST as a gunner so he's safe. So Brown and Metchie for the 4th spot? Or do they carry six WRs?

I think they carry 6 WR's.

They added Ben Skowronek as well via trade and I doubt they want to waste a draft pick just to cut him.  I think Hutchinson could possibly clear waivers and be added back on the roster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I think they carry 6 WR's.

They added Ben Skowronek as well via trade and I doubt they want to waste a draft pick just to cut him.  I think Hutchinson could possibly clear waivers and be added back on the roster. 

Forgot about Skow. He's a ST guy, so you're likely right with Hutch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Honestly surprised Woods hasn’t been cut yet 

Guess you gotta see where Noah is after his hip injury last season?

• Like 2

On 7/26/2024 at 4:27 PM, lumberjackchris said:

Honestly surprised Woods hasn’t been cut yet 

I think they (1) want the vet talking to some of the younger guys (Metchie, Hutch, Tank) & (2) waiting to see if another team needs a vet WR.

His hit to another team's salary cap is not atrocious.

Personally (fingers crossed), my hope is that he is part of a package for one of Commander's IDL hosses (Allen or Payne).

17 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I think they (1) want the vet talking to some of the younger guys (Metchie, Hutch, Tank) & (2) waiting to see if another team needs a vet WR.

His hit to another team's salary cap is not atrocious.

Personally (fingers crossed), my hope is that he is part of a package for one of Commander's IDL hosses (Allen or Payne).

It could be that we are going all in on this season and that we will make a decision who can help us more this year between woods and say Hutchinson and we might actually keep woods. 

Dell missed a lot time in his 1 season, Nico missed time in all 3 seasons. It’s possible we want to be prepared for when we have guys out. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It could be that we are going all in on this season and that we will make a decision who can help us more this year between woods and say Hutchinson and we might actually keep woods. 

Dell missed a lot time in his 1 season, Nico missed time in all 3 seasons. It’s possible we want to be prepared for when we have guys out. 

Could be... that's a LOT of $$$ for insurance / WR4/5.  Not a lot of $$$ for a WR2 & I think Woods could be that (just hard to do that in Htown). 

I do not think Woods plays a lot of ST anymore.  I checked Football Reference & he did get 24 snaps on ST last year - I would presume as part of the "hands" team.