2024 Eagles Training Camp

I think it’s getting close to trotter might actually start territory.

dean and Baun are in front of him. That’s not exactly Mount Everest to climb. 

crazy that the eagles somehow in one offseason went from embarrassing at corner to having too many guys worthy of starting. one of Howies more ridiculous turn arounds.

the fact that we have such an issue at #3 TE and WR is concerning. We have a glutton at RB. But to have no intriguing 3 TE or WR on the roster is concerning.

if healthy this is clearly a really good team. But health and hurts will determine how good.

50 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I think it’s getting close to trotter might actually start territory.

dean and Baun are in front of him. That’s not exactly Mount Everest to climb. 

crazy that the eagles somehow in one offseason went from embarrassing at corner to having too many guys worthy of starting. one of Howies more ridiculous turn arounds.

the fact that we have such an issue at #3 TE and WR is concerning. We have a glutton at RB. But to have no intriguing 3 TE or WR on the roster is concerning.

if healthy this is clearly a really good team. But health and hurts will determine how good.

Having issues at TE3 and WR3 is first world problems if I've ever seen it.

I'm more concerned with our situation at EDGE and actual DE which are not so low-key problems with this team. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm more concerned with our situation at EDGE and actual DE which are not so low-key problems with this team. 

Agree that a lot of teams would like to be in the Eagles situation.  I'm not all that concerned with the edge guys TBH.  Their 5 guys are pretty set on the edge with Huff, Sweat, Graham, Smith, and Hunt.  They've all had fairly good camps.  The bigger concern of the 2 is the IDL.  Carter, Davis, and Milton will all start in the base defense.  After that? I don't trust anyone aside from Orjomo.  Graham can obviously also kick inside, but there has been talk about Carter seeing time at nose this year when Davis is off the field.  They don't have a legit #2 NT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Agree that a lot of teams would like to be in the Eagles situation.  I'm not all that concerned with the edge guys TBH.  Their 5 guys are pretty set on the edge with Huff, Sweat, Graham, Smith, and Hunt.  They've all had fairly good camps.  The bigger concern of the 2 is the IDL.  Carter, Davis, and Milton will all start in the base defense.  After that? I don't trust anyone aside from Orjomo.  Graham can obviously also kick inside, but there has been talk about Carter seeing time at nose this year when Davis is off the field.  They don't have a legit #2 NT.

NT2 is definitely a problem, specially with Davis's limited stamina.

My concern with the Edges is that they're all super light except for Graham and he can't be counted on as a starter at this point in his career. Fangio's scheme should compensate a bit for the rest of the player's capability of playing with a hand in the dirt but with the supposed amount of two high shells we will see, we are asking for teams to run on us. Nolan Smith best trait was run stopping but we'll see if it translates in the NFL with such a small frame. 

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

NT2 is definitely a problem, specially with Davis's limited stamina.

My concern with the Edges is that they're all super light except for Graham and he can't be counted on as a starter at this point in his career. Fangio's scheme should compensate a bit for the rest of the player's capability of playing with a hand in the dirt but with the supposed amount of two high shells we will see, we are asking for teams to run on us. Nolan Smith best trait was run stopping but we'll see if it translates in the NFL with such a small frame. 

Well Davis being able to eat as much space as he does allows the Eagles to play lighter boxes.  There is a very tangible difference in the run defense over the past couple years when he is and isn't in the game.  The depth at that particular spot is concerning.  Edge I feel fine.  Patrick Johnson has also looked good and probably deserves a roster spot.  Just going to be hard to justify keeping 6 edge guys particularly when they may need to go heavy in some spots.

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I wish they were going up against a better team, but that's what you want to see.  You want to see them dominate against inferior opponents.

Think last year in week 1 the Patriots were missing 2 starting Olineman, and we only came away with 2 sacks that game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yes and no. WR3 is something we really need. A reliable guy who can get open. TE2 is typically a blocker but calcaterra is not. So we don’t really have a good reliable blocking TE.

im not too concerned with edge yet. I think there’s question marks but outside of the ravens game there’s been good and bad coming out of camp about all those guys. Sweat will be important. I doubt huff isn’t impactful. I think Nolan smith is the biggest question mark but I’m loving everything I hear and read about Jalyx hunt who might actually be a real player. Maybe he can give some snaps here and there that are quality. Patrick Johnson has always held up nicely. I think ideally the much improved coverage can help have some synergy at pass rush and coverage. I’m hoping it’s a more solidified unit at all 3 levels. 

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NOOOOOO 😭🤣

For what it’s worth heard on the PHLY podcast Ringo actually played what the route was super well. But I think it was Maye that sailed it over the comeback it was supposed to be and Reagor was just there. He was in position to pick it if it was thrown as intended.

22 hours ago, Kiltman said:

For what it’s worth heard on the PHLY podcast Ringo actually played what the route was super well. But I think it was Maye that sailed it over the comeback it was supposed to be and Reagor was just there. He was in position to pick it if it was thrown as intended.

I think the most surprising part of that exchange is that Reagor caught the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Reagor tends to show up in Eagles-Patriots practices... and that's it. 

If he manages to get lined up on Bradberry, he'll probably make a play in the game. That goes for every WR on the Patriots roster. Are you 1 on 1 with James Bradberry? You might make a play.

Edited by Jeezla

59 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If he manages to get lined up on Bradberry, he'll probably make a play in the game. That goes for every WR on the Patriots roster. Are you 1 on 1 with James Bradberry? You might make a play.

Fortunately Bradberry is lining up at safety, so that seems unlikely.