You get them at their peak for an entire career: Who are you taking. Trent Williams or Aaron Donald

You get them at their peak for an entire career: Who are you taking. Trent Williams or Aaron Donald   

31 members have voted

1. 1. You get them at their peak for an entire career: Who are you taking. Trent Williams or Aaron Donald

• Aaron Donald
    • Trent Williams

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I know there there's no way rammy just said Watt's not a Hof. I'm assuming you meant he's not in the Hof yet so he doesn't count?

But neither is Donald so I don't know how he can inlcude 1 and not the other.

Even so the statement isn't true for current hall of famers.  Reggie didn't have any HoFers, I don't think Bruce Smith did, and more. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I know there there's no way rammy just said Watt's not a Hof. I'm assuming you meant he's not in the Hof yet so he doesn't count?

Yes. The criteria was for HOFs.

Watt isn’t in the HOF yet. Was I wrong? 

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

But neither is Donald so I don't know how he can inlcude 1 and not the other.

Even so the statement isn't true for current hall of famers.  Reggie didn't have any HoFers, I don't think Bruce Smith did, and more. 

Reggie white played with the great 

greg brown gave him 13 sacks his rookie Year. He had the great  Jerome

Brown who died too early and was on his way to a HOF career. He also had Clyde Simmons going ham. He had a very good line in Philly. 

Clyde led the league in sacks with 19. 

I think you could say he didn’t have the same

cast in GB. And still produce phenomenal. But he did play a huge part of his career with monster help in Philly. 

Bruce Smith had 

Cornelius Bennett who was an all pro and made the pro bowl thru out Smith career. Also played with Fred Smerlas who made the all pro once and 5 pro bowls. Bryce Paup 4x pro bowl and one all pro. led the league in sacks with 17.5

all these guys got to play with incredible talent. Maybe I worded it wrong. But it does stand as a majority of these guys got to enjoy and benefit of having 2-3 guys on the line that can go ham…

Donald was given bust(Leonard Floyd-Dante Fowler) over the hill Suh and a washed up Von. 

He had his best year with Suh. He talked

about how Suh! By his name alone allowed him to eat up blockers inside. Von ate off the 1-1s because you couldn’t double him! He was unreal addition. Because he knew how to Win. Just wish he had someone like Fletcher Cox or a Chris Jones with him in the middle for his whole career. That would have been unreal to see. 

You can throw me any guy and they’ve all had way more help than Donald ever did at any point in his career. You can’t name another all pro/Pro bowler he played with. But you go look at White/Bruce and they were with an embarrassment of riches. 

I do think the only close comparison is JJ Watt. 

But even then he had Antonio smith pro bowler. Mario Williams pro bowl. Jadeveon pro bowl 3x with Watt in Houston. 

I think Houston made a huge mistake in letting Williams go. As they only played a 1 year. So it’s not fair to count Williams. He don’t count. So again. While not having the best, he still had more help than Donald. Who the Rams plugged in guys from the end of the draft. So the point still stands. I can see how Watt has the closest point though. Not even hating. He was a one man wrecking crew! But theoretically we right.

Only guy that Donald played with that good was Robert Quinn.. But as Donald got better Quinn got worse. 2x prow bowl. 

Edited by El Ramster

4 hours ago, El Ramster said:

The criteria was for HOFs.

On 8/2/2024 at 6:12 PM, El Ramster said:

Donald is the only 1st ballot HOF to not have a HOF tenured teammate on the Dline.

On 8/2/2024 at 6:12 PM, El Ramster said:

Was I wrong?

If the criteria was HOFs, then Donald isn’t one, so yes, you were wrong.

If the criteria is for guys that we know will be HOFers, then Watt counts, and yes, you were wrong.

If we’re going to just say that Donald counts as a premature HOFer but Watt doesn’t, then there’s still Reggie White. So yes, still wrong.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Soko said:

If the criteria was HOFs, then Donald isn’t one, so yes, you were wrong.

If the criteria is for guys that we know will be HOFers, then Watt counts, and yes, you were wrong.

If we’re going to just say that Donald counts as a premature HOFer but Watt doesn’t, then there’s still Reggie White. So yes, still wrong.

Reggie played with monsters and all pros for his time in Philly.. Jerome would have been a HOF too. Only one I can say for sure was Watt.. He’s the closest. 

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Who was Jason Taylor's HOF defensive lineman running mate? 

I don’t think Jason touches those guys though. Jason is in the Dwight Freeny tier. 

Btw. Jason had Zach Thomas and Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison. While not on th Dline those boys were all pros. 

4 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I don’t think Jason touches those guys though. Jason is in the Dwight Freeny tier. 

Btw. Jason had Zach Thomas and Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison. While not on th Dline those boys were all pros. 

Jason was a first ballot HOFer. I was only going by that criteria. I'd agree that he wasn't Donald or watt though. 

I remembered Thomas. Forgot about the corners though

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

You're making excuses for Watt's teammates that you aren't for Donald's. Quit it.

I mean I admitted it. It stands true. Not to

mention Watt peaks was so small, it forced Houston to go offensive heavy with Massage Watson. I can hold that and say yeah, they played with damm near talent. except Jadaveon had more pro bowls than any of Donald’s teammates and Anotio Smith too. They had 4 to my guys 2.. Yeah boy we petty like that… 

You give Donald Reggie or Bruce Dline help they had! he would have shattered every record. We all saw what he did with

Suh. From the inside? Foh. That’s why he’s the goat.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Jason was a first ballot HOFer. I was only going by that criteria. I'd agree that he wasn't Donald or watt though. 

I remembered Thomas. Forgot about the corners though

True but that’s because he won DOPY once and had over 100 sacks. He was decorated but there’s levels to it. Wasn’t Dwight Freeny a first ballot HOF? 

Maybe on the Strahan level. 

Like idk. I’ve just consumed so much of what the old heads have said that it’s embedded in me. 

3:33

24 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I mean I admitted it. It stands true. Not to

mention Watt peaks was so small, it forced Houston to go offensive heavy with Massage Watson. I can hold that and say yeah, they played with damm near talent. except Jadaveon had more pro bowls than any of Donald’s teammates and Anotio Smith too. They had 4 to my guys 2.. Yeah boy we petty like that… 

You give Donald Reggie or Bruce Dline help they had! he would have shattered every record. We all saw what he did with

Suh. From the inside? Foh. That’s why he’s the goat.

Arguing Pro Bowls is silly. Popularity contests at their best. If you really wanna argue that Antonio Smith had a bigger impact than Ndamukong Such because he made the Pro Bowl, then you're more lost in your bias than I thought.

Clowney made 3 Pro Bowls with Houston...and Watt played a combined 3 games in 2 of those Pro Bowl seasons. So once again, taking Pro Bowls as some kind of blanket statement for talent played with is dumb. Arguing Clowney helped Watt because of Pro Bowls when Watt was out for 2 of those seasons tells me you aren't actually wanting to debate and are hiding behind fan voting to prop up your player.

Argue Donald played longer. Argue he dominated during a Super Bowl run. Don't argue fellow DL talent, because it's a non-starter when comparing these 2. All 3 Clowney Pro Bowl seasons did significantly less to help Watt than the 8 games + playoffs Von Miller's presence helped Donald, and obviously even less considered Watt was only healthy for 1 of those seasons. Suh was clearly more impactful than Antonio Smith, even if Smith made the Pro Bowl.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Arguing Pro Bowls is silly. Popularity contests at their best. If you really wanna argue that Antonio Smith had a bigger impact than Ndamukong Such because he made the Pro Bowl, then you're more lost in your bias than I thought.

Clowney made 3 Pro Bowls with Houston...and Watt played a combined 3 games in 2 of those Pro Bowl seasons. So once again, taking Pro Bowls as some kind of blanket statement for talent played with is dumb. Arguing Clowney helped Watt because of Pro Bowls when Watt was out for 2 of those seasons tells me you aren't actually wanting to debate and are hiding behind fan voting to prop up your player.

Argue Donald played longer. Argue he dominated during a Super Bowl run. Don't argue fellow DL talent, because it's a non-starter when comparing these 2. All 3 Clowney Pro Bowl seasons did significantly less to help Watt than the 8 games + playoffs Von Miller's presence helped Donald, and obviously even less considered Watt was only healthy for 1 of those seasons. Suh was clearly more impactful than Antonio Smith, even if Smith made the Pro Bowl.

I mean you’re arguing Donald’s better. That’s what im

here for. Longevity is a great ability. Watt body broke down because of the steroids.. 

Book em boys. Even with the cards dude was tearing his bicep, tricep, tri tip, back, hamstrings And lord knows what else. 

It’s like all these body builders who tear their shi so easy because of the years of

abuse. I’m saying I wish Donald would have had the help the greats had. He would have shatted on everyone. Imagine Donald with the purple eaters, the steel curtain, the cowboys, the Niners! Idgaf. He could have done so much more if the Rams invested in him. Miller was dead the 2 years prior. He had gotten hurt and his production fell. He comes to LA and revives his career. Massively overpaid and never performed in Buff. It’s the story of everyone getting paid by the back of

donald.. 

Like I said. Is Watt a first ballot Hof? We don’t know yet. He’s still playing. A super bowl

would help him. Shame because the guy was a menace. He was an unstoppable force. A force multiplier. A true monster and an impact machine.. At this point he’s turning into frank Gore. Just trying to keep it pushing while the tires are flat, the rim is broken and the axel has 2 miles left. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Jalen Ramsey. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

except Jadaveon had more pro bowls than any of Donald’s teammates and Anotio Smith too. They had 4 to my guys 2.. Yeah boy we petty like that… 

Watt basically missed the entire season in 2/3 of Clowney’s PB seasons.