Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

Posted (edited)
Adding what I'm hearing: My understanding is the #Steelers believe an agreement is currently* complete on their* end-- and "has been" for an unspecified period now--to trade for WR Brandon Aiyuk, but that the organization is still waiting for final approvals from the #49ers, per source. was 1st to report this update. Additionally, when I asked about the reason for the ongoing delay in officially consummating a deal, I gathered from the rhetorical questions in response-- that there's lingering curiosity on whether San Francisco is still reviewing its options and leverage. Again I'm told, "it's a waiting game."

This really makes it sound like this deal, offer, and agreement has been in place for a LONG TIME and the Niners are basically saying “maybe if we don’t do anything he’ll just give up and sign.

Edited by warfelg

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I bet the deal was in place when that one dude first reported on it a week ago lol

A buddy of mine (Niners fan) said he wouldn’t be surprised if they are trying to convince him to stay by saying ‘they are only trading x and y for you, so they must not love you as much as us’ while at the same time not coming up to the number he wants and using that as a negotiating tool. Especially since we know the rumored offers from Cleveland and New England they are trying to twist it in that way.

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

“A trade has been agreed to by the 49ers and the Steelers…but the 49ers have not said yes”

Huh?

It sounds like the 49r's are trying to make a last-ditch effort to keep him and if they can't, they will trade him. If I'm the Steelers are start lowering the offer the longer they take.  

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Exactly. He's a nice chess piece (if used properly) but that isn't a player you draw a line in the sand for. 

Thats not what I was loling. I was loling that it’s clearly a troll move to say “star” player to a gadget guy.