2024 NFL Top 100 Discussion

Soko

8 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Did you not watch how many drops the Chiefs WR core had? Why are we talking about "A down year" 

This past season was also by far his worst WR corp he's ever had. 

Won the SB as at the most important position. Game winning drive in the most televised game and TV show in the world. 

This isn't even a discussion TBH. And why was Aaron Rodgers even in the top 100 if was based on last season? 

So no. 

As far as O line. I do agree OT is probably the most important position behind QB unless you think Rush Edge is. 

I'm just saying that Malik Nabers was far and ahead IMO the better player. That's where IMO you draft over your needs if the player are clearly superior. 

And? He had a down year and his worst year as a starter until the post-season.

And? 

Yeah and this is an opinion based list dawg and the average person is stupid.

It's opinion based. "Why was he on the list?" Because like 100-200 players have played with Aaron Rodgers and still saw him as like a borderline top 12 QB before he snapped his achillies. Before 2022 he was the best not counting Tom Brady because Tom Brady is a cheat code.

Let the games speak for themselves and let the careers play out.

There is no best player in the NFL there is only who we think is the best player in the NFL and that is clearly Harrison But(kic)ker because despite being a littler butt kicker he got paid.

It's been quite obvious for several years that the players are not spending a lot of time on this. They just think of the first 20 good players that come to mind, and of course include their best friends and exclude their enemies. Some position groups like CB get the shaft.

And obviously players aren't the brightest. Just think of the guys on the HS football team. Now imagine for the next 6 years they learn nothing at school and spend their days lifting weights and smashing in to each other. How much critical thinking capacity do you think they will develop?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

And BTW I can't believe the Chargers past up taking Malik Nabers to pair up with Herbert. How did you feel about that. . 

Hated it. Nabers will be an elite WR for years to come in this league as well as a huge YAC threat (which the Chargers haven't had since Tyrell Williams, and even then it was just taking drag routes up the sideline) and I felt Alt was massively overrated. Physically imposing players who don't physically dominate in college are red flags (Quentin Johnston, Jerry Tillery). I would've much preferred a trade down and take Fuaga if they were going to take a Tackle.

Edited by HerbertGOAT
  • Like 1

There are what 1696 players in the NFL.  

They all get a vote equally, also is there a list they pick from and if so then how is that put into a list of players by position?  It would not be that easy to make a list and clearly every player in the league does not watch every other player in the league.  Sure some do but not all of them, how could they, they focus on their own business and the up coming opponent that coming week or the OT they go up against or the CB they are going up against etc.

It would be a hard thing to do, not sure if it was rank the best by each position then rank the two 20, the top 20 if given 40 names would not be super hard, then the rest is just randomly put in by position?

I do not know, but having that many players vote would not be that easy unless the list was only out of 200 players already decided on, heck maybe it was only 150-130 player list already decided on before it started then sort.  Without having that information it is hard to know what happened.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Any list where Pat Mahomes is not #1 is invalid. 

A-Rod making the list not even playing a quarter. 

Jaylen Johnson not even making the list after being Pro Football Focus #1 CB. 

I'm tired of hearing that we should respect their opinion more because they play the game. NO. 

There is No world where Mahomes who has 3 MVPs, 2 SBs a top 3-4 player of all time is not the best player in the league and also playing at the most important position. 

While I agree the list was really bad this year, i also think Mahomes wasn't the best QB, let alone player in the league last year. Last year was by far his worst year as a pro. I'd argue Chris Jones was the best player on the Chiefs last year. 

2 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

While I agree the list was really bad this year, i also think Mahomes wasn't the best QB, let alone player in the league last year. Last year was by far his worst year as a pro. I'd argue Chris Jones was the best player on the Chiefs last year. 

From what I seen I thought Snell was the second best player behind Mahomes. Chris Jones doesn't impact the game nearly to the level of a Mahomes at QB. 

Maybe per position. But I guess thats another debate. 

Are we ranking them relative to their position. I suppose so. But even then I don't see how Mahomes still isn't #1 given the WR corp he had last year. Context is key. 

7 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Hated it. Nabers will be an elite WR for years to come in this league as well as a huge YAC threat (which the Chargers haven't had since Tyrell Williams, and even then it was just taking drag routes up the sideline) and I felt Alt was massively overrated. Physically imposing players who don't physically dominate in college are red flags (Quentin Johnston, Jerry Tillery). I would've much preferred a trade down and take Fuaga if they were going to take a Tackle.

I figured that. 

Herbert to Nabers would have been dominant right from the jump! 

I'm from Indiana so I speak with Notre Dame fans. Die hards. And they said they seen Alt get beat up a good chunk of the season. 

Players like Alt come into the league every year. Its hard to find physical dominant WRs (FROM LSU) come into the league. You don't pass up on Nabers. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I figured that. 

Herbert to Nabers would have been dominant right from the jump! 

I'm from Indiana so I speak with Notre Dame fans. Die hards. And they said they seen Alt get beat up a good chunk of the season. 

Players like Alt come into the league every year. Its hard to find physical dominant WRs (FROM LSU) come into the league. You don't pass up on Nabers. 

You do not see guys 6-9 321 pounds that run a 5.05 40 come into the league all the time, much less ones that are a legit LT.  Sure Alt struggled a bit last year but I think more of that was others on that OL and not so much Alt, Louisville Alt did struggle if I recall correctly but that entire OL did that game.

Nabers could be really good but clearly with Roman at OC they are going to be about running the football and play action off that, and decide to spend money on the OL compared to the WR group.  Alt could be a LT if Slater keeps getting hurt or could be a great RT.  He could have been arguably the #3 pick in the draft to the Patriots who badly need a LT.  So the kid is going to be great and not picking Nabers, clearly they are more worried about protecting Herbert than giving him weapons.

But as if McConkey is an awful WR, he could be a solid pro and Palmer already is a solid pro and Johnstone has potential of course.  They also brought in Rice through the draft who could be good and Chark a veteran as well.  And Hayden Hurst could be great in that Roman system again at TE which he was when in Baltimore under Roman.

I would say it is harder to get a 6-9 LT like Joe Alt than to get a guy like Malik Nabers.  

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You do not see guys 6-9 321 pounds that run a 5.05 40 come into the league all the time, much less ones that are a legit LT.  Sure Alt struggled a bit last year but I think more of that was others on that OL and not so much Alt, Louisville Alt did struggle if I recall correctly but that entire OL did that game.

Nabers could be really good but clearly with Roman at OC they are going to be about running the football and play action off that, and decide to spend money on the OL compared to the WR group.  Alt could be a LT if Slater keeps getting hurt or could be a great RT.  He could have been arguably the #3 pick in the draft to the Patriots who badly need a LT.  So the kid is going to be great and not picking Nabers, clearly they are more worried about protecting Herbert than giving him weapons.

But as if McConkey is an awful WR, he could be a solid pro and Palmer already is a solid pro and Johnstone has potential of course.  They also brought in Rice through the draft who could be good and Chark a veteran as well.  And Hayden Hurst could be great in that Roman system again at TE which he was when in Baltimore under Roman.

I would say it is harder to get a 6-9 LT like Joe Alt than to get a guy like Malik Nabers.  

Well if it turns out that Alt is as equally as dominant as Nabers at LT 

Then it is a win. 

I could see it being a disaster if they Draft Nabers but Herbert has No time to throw the Football. 

However, personally I’m still going Nabers. But it’s more to do with the fact that I think he will simply be a better player. 

And I was referring more in terms of the total potential of Alt, not in terms of intangibles. You have guys who’s potential impact is around on par often. I don’t feel the same way as Nabers whom many thought could go ahead of MHJ who is one of the better WR prospect since Julio and Calvin 

On 8/8/2024 at 10:13 AM, Soko said:

Why didn’t Mahomes win MVP last year?

Because he had worse receiving core in the league. 

Why didn't Lamar win the SB? Last time I checked SBs are more important than MVPs. 

I doubt Lamar ever wins a SB. He's simply not good enough. 

10 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Because he had worse receiving core in the league. 

That’s simply not how it works. Being the number one player doesn’t mean you always have the number one season. The year Cam won MVP and #1 player in the league in this same list - was anyone saying he’s a better QB than Brady and Rodgers? No. But he had a better season that year. 

Mahomes is the best player in the league, but that doesn’t mean he automatically has the best season. Both the list and MVP voting are pretty consistent in that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Soko said:

That’s simply not how it works. Being the number one player doesn’t mean you always have the number one season. The year Cam won MVP and #1 player in the league in this same list - was anyone saying he’s a better QB than Brady and Rodgers? No. But he had a better season that year. 

Mahomes is the best player in the league, but that doesn’t mean he automatically has the best season. Both the list and MVP voting are pretty consistent in that. 

Best year doesn't mean giving you the best odds to win a SB. It's not best year it's best player of the year. And Mahomes flat out gives you the best regardless of stats, or production. If it is based on production I already don't like it anyways. Production means nothing if like Lamar you win MVP but then do nothing in the playoffs.