2024 NFL Top 100 Discussion

Soko

44 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The perception of Deebo Samuel does more for him than what he actually produces on the field.

Yeah Deebo is wayyyy too high on this list.

But again, this list sucks every year.

18 hours ago, Soko said:

30. Deebo Samuel, 49ers WR (+31)

29. Khalil Mack, Chargers LB (+9)

28. Brock Purdue 49ers QB (NA)

27. Nick Bosa, 49ers DE (-23)

26. Mike Evans, Bucs WR (+27)

25. Jalen Ramsey, Dolphins CB (+11)

24. Dexter Lawrence, Giants DT (+4)

23. Amon Ra-St. Brown, Lions WR (+44)

22. Penei Sewell, Lions OT (NA?)

21. AJ Brown, Eagles WR (+1)

———

Yeah, this list is horrific. Seems even worse than usual, but maybe recency bias.

Very odd to see Purdy that high, as if he could go on the Carolina Panthers and they all of a sudden would be Super Bowl contenders?  No that is not the case and there are easily 12 QBs better than Brock Purdy.  Could maybe put Rodgers and Cousins on that list also but we will see how they do off their achilles tear.

Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Lamar Jackson
Justin Herbert
Joe Burrow
Jordan Love
Tua Tagovailoa
CJ Stroud
Matthew Stafford
Jared Goff
Trevor Lawrence
Jalen Hurts

Also is Jalen Ramsey really that good?  He only played 10 games last year, sure if he is healthy for a full season.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Very odd to see Purdy that high, as if he could go on the Carolina Panthers and they all of a sudden would be Super Bowl contenders?

If there any any QBs that’d just make the Panthers SB contenders…there’s only one. So that’s not saying much, I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soko said:

If there any any QBs that’d just make the Panthers SB contenders…there’s only one. So that’s not saying much, I think.

Maybe and technically even Mahomes could not win a Super Bowl with that roster, everyone needs help and support.  Still every QB I listed would make the Panthers a better team than Brock Purdy would.  

Clearly Purdy is helped greatly by one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.  Not sure what he would look like without all that elite talent around him.  Say he and Bryce Young switched places, yeah I feel Young would look a lot better on the 49ers than he does on Carolina and Purdy could look a lot worse on Carolina. 

Thus Purdy being the 28th best player in the NFL, no way.  

So this is the final top top 1 to bottom 20?  It is my guess based on who is not listed, possibly some have been but these are the guys who are not as far as I can recall.  I must say Dak being this high seems odd, I would say Burrow over him and probably Tua as well as Goff.  I did include Sewell and put him way up there even though he was already listed, no way he is 22nd on this list he should be easily top 10.  Also could argue Kyle Hamilton should be this high or at least top 30.  

Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Myles Garrett
Trent Williams
Lamar Jackson
Penei Sewell
Chris Jones
Justin Jefferson
Micah Parsons
Christian McCaffrey
Tyreek Hill
TJ Watt
Fred Warner
Travis Kelce
Roquan Smith
Trent McDuffie
Maxx Crosby
George Kittle
Dak Prescott
CeeDee Lamb

These guys I assume are not included, Stroud and Witherspoon because they are too young, Sneed I have no idea how he is not on the list overall.  

CJ Stroud
LaJarius Sneed
Joe Thuney
Devon Witherspoon

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The perception of Deebo Samuel does more for him than what he actually produces on the field.

He and Aiyuk should be switched. 

Deebo is easy to love though

48 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So this is the final top top 1 to bottom 20?  It is my guess based on who is not listed, possibly some have been but these are the guys who are not as far as I can recall.  I must say Dak being this high seems odd, I would say Burrow over him and probably Tua as well as Goff.  I did include Sewell and put him way up there even though he was already listed, no way he is 22nd on this list he should be easily top 10.  Also could argue Kyle Hamilton should be this high or at least top 30.  

Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Myles Garrett
Trent Williams
Lamar Jackson
Penei Sewell
Chris Jones
Justin Jefferson
Micah Parsons
Christian McCaffrey
Tyreek Hill
TJ Watt
Fred Warner
Travis Kelce
Roquan Smith
Trent McDuffie
Maxx Crosby
George Kittle
Dak Prescott
CeeDee Lamb

These guys I assume are not included, Stroud and Witherspoon because they are too young, Sneed I have no idea how he is not on the list overall.  

CJ Stroud
LaJarius Sneed
Joe Thuney
Devon Witherspoon

Sewell was like #22. Take him out and put Stroud in would be my guess

54 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Myles Garrett
Trent Williams
Lamar Jackson
Penei Sewell
Chris Jones
Justin Jefferson
Micah Parsons
Christian McCaffrey
Tyreek Hill
TJ Watt
Fred Warner
Travis Kelce
Roquan Smith
Trent McDuffie
Maxx Crosby
George Kittle
Dak Prescott
CeeDee Lamb

CJ Stroud
LaJarius Sneed
Joe Thuney
Devon Witherspoon

Denzel Ward not being on the list would be laughable.

20. CJ Stroud

19. Roquan Smith

18. Justin Jefferson

17. Micah Parsons

16. Dak Prescott

15. Jalen Hurts

14. George Kittle

13. CeeDee Lamb

12. Josh Allen 

11. Fred Warner 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Clearly Purdy is helped greatly by one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.  Not sure what he would look like without all that elite talent around him.  Say he and Bryce Young switched places, yeah I feel Young would look a lot better on the 49ers than he does on Carolina and Purdy could look a lot worse on Carolina. 

Thus Purdy being the 28th best player in the NFL, no way.  

I mean, Tua and Goff are clearly the same bucket as this lol 

And jalen hurts too maybe 

And as bullish as I am on Lawrence, he hasn't actually shown that he's a really awesome or anything yet

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Apparently Hurts is 15th lmao. I love Stroud, but ranking him 20th after one year is silly.

I love kittle. Dude isn't the 14th best player in the league 😂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

20. CJ Stroud

19. Roquan Smith

18. Justin Jefferson

17. Micah Parsons

16. Dak Prescott

15. Jalen Hurts

14. George Kittle

13. CeeDee Lamb

12. Josh Allen 

11. Fred Warner 

That is low for Josh Allen I would say.  Parsons is too low I would say, he is crazy elite as an edge rusher and could be better in the more typical 4/3 system.  Justin Jefferson that low does make sense, until he can show what he is like fully off that injury.  And so they did include Stroud which is a bit of a surprise, put him above Burrow and Tua and Goff after just one year.  Pretty high expectations but we will see if he can hold that up.  So then the rest are these guys below.  

Patrick Mahomes
Myles Garrett
Trent Williams
Lamar Jackson
Chris Jones
Christian McCaffrey
Tyreek Hill
TJ Watt
Travis Kelce
Trent McDuffie
Maxx Crosby

But that is 11 guys I listed so one of those guys are totally off the list, that is crazy.  No clue who that would be, what McDuffie?  That is insane if that is the case, he is arguably the best slot in the NFL and best CB overall.  

12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Denzel Ward not being on the list would be laughable.

True I did forget about him but what about Sneed.  And honestly based on 10-20 not sure Ward makes the top 10.  

And McDuffie might not make the top 10 so he is off the list also.  I would take McDuffie over Ward all day long.  And Marlon Humphrey is not even on the list correct.  Seems even more odd and I would say Humphrey overall is more consistent than Ward and more physical.