AP names Gardner Minshew starting QB

NYRaider

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I see you're back from your break. How much money did you make in the stock market this time? Did you start a new business? 

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I sure am glad you  found time in your busy schedule to tell us all how bad the franchise is for the umpteenth thousand time. We all know how valuable your time is and how you wouldn't possibly waste any of it on something as redundant as..... oh wait.

Haters gonna hate.  My stock portfolio and beautiful house are doing just fine lol

It's the offseason and there is currently nothing meaningful to talk about unless I'm you, someone who spends countless hours during the offseason spewing trash and nonsense on here.  

We all get it, you think Bowers is some "unicorn" who is going to revolutionize the position. He is going to do something that neither Gonzo, Gronk or Kelce has done.  You're so bullish on him I ask you to quantify what he will need to average over his first 5 seasons based on your claims to justify value at the 13th overall pick and you still have yet to answer the question.  I ask you to explain what you mean by, "unicorn" and you can't, which is flat out laughable.  

This is exactly what you get when you have clueless fans who post based on emotion and are out of touch with reality. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

58 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haters gonna hate.  My stock portfolio and beautiful house are doing just fine lol

The little D energy in strong in you.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

It's the offseason and there is currently nothing meaningful to talk about unless I'm you, someone who spends countless hours during the offseason spewing trash and nonsense on here.  

You add nothing to the conversation. You  post the same negative rants ad nauseam. Then have the audacity to tell other people what they should do with their time.

We all get it, you think Bowers is some "unicorn" who is going to revolutionize the position. He is going to do something that neither Gonzo, Gronk or Kelce has done.  You're so bullish on him I ask you to quantify what he will need to average over his first 5 seasons based on your claims to justify value at the 13th overall pick and you still have yet to answer the question.  I ask you to explain what you mean by, "unicorn" and you can't, which is flat out laughable.

Literally never said any of this and you won't find a single person who's had such things to say. But here you are using that valuable time of your to type a paragraph of hyperbole and exaggerations.

This is exactly what you get when you have clueless fans who post based on emotion and are out of touch with reality. 

I'm one of the more cynical posters on this forum, but okay. And to the overly optimistic fans... you prefer what, they be like you and post the same tired 'dumpster fire' tropes on repeat? 

Maybe get back to your stock portfolio. The S&P is down right now, you probably lost some money while using your time to type this made up garbage. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The little D energy in strong in you.

You add nothing to the conversation. You  post the same negative rants ad nauseam. Then have the audacity to tell other people what they should do with their time.

Literally never said any of this and you won't find a single person who's had such things to say. But here you are using that valuable time of your to type a paragraph of hyperbole and exaggerations.

I'm one of the more cynical posters on this forum, but okay. And to the overly optimistic fans... you prefer what, they be like you and post the same tired 'dumpster fire' tropes on repeat? 

Maybe get back to your stock portfolio. The S&P is down right now, you probably lost some money while using your time to type this made up garbage. 

Once again completely dodging the question of what Bowers need to average at the 5 year mark for the 13th overall pick to pose good value.  I expect nothing less from you. 

You have said multiple times on here that Bowers is a "unicorn" and that I have no clue how he will be used.  Care to elaborate and define what you mean by "unicorn" and how no other TE in NFL history can do what Bowers can, hence the "unicorn" narrative that you claim.

I am cynical regarding the Raiders franchise and their mismanagement over the last number of decades.  I hope they prove me wrong in the near future but over the last 25+ years I have been spot on.  Like I have said nothing will change until they start to draft well and get good value with their FA signings.  They also need to draft a stud young QB to truly contend and in true Raider fashion over the last two seasons we have had bottom of the league QB's who are all clipboard holders.  Jimmy "bum" G, AOC and Minchew.  Those bums quite possibly make up the worst QB room in the NFL over the last two years which is indicative of the dumpster fire organization I claim that they are...

46 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again completely dodging the question of what Bowers need to average at the 5 year mark for the 13th overall pick to pose good value.  I expect nothing less from you. 

You have said multiple times on here that Bowers is a "unicorn" and that I have no clue how he will be used.  Care to elaborate and define what you mean by "unicorn" and how no other TE in NFL history can do what Bowers can, hence the "unicorn" narrative that you claim.

I am cynical regarding the Raiders franchise and their mismanagement over the last number of decades.  I hope they prove me wrong in the near future but over the last 25+ years I have been spot on.  Like I have said nothing will change until they start to draft well and get good value with their FA signings.  They also need to draft a stud young QB to truly contend and in true Raider fashion over the last two seasons we have had bottom of the league QB's who are all clipboard holders.  Jimmy "bum" G, AOC and Minchew.  Those bums quite possibly make up the worst QB room in the NFL over the last two years which is indicative of the dumpster fire organization I claim that they are...

Where's your jetpack Zuckerberg? This is pathetic at this point. 

I've answered this several times. I don't care what he averages. If he's a high end contributor in the offense, earns a second contract, is in talks among the top guys at his position as the legit player I expect he is, the stats will be there. 

I've never once used the word "unicorn" with Brock Bowers or used such hyperbole.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Where's your jetpack Zuckerberg? This is pathetic at this point. 

I've answered this several times. I don't care what he averages. If he's a high end contributor in the offense, earns a second contract, is in talks among the top guys at his position as the legit player I expect he is, the stats will be there. 

I've never once used the word "unicorn" with Brock Bowers or used such hyperbole.

It's a team game. If he elevates the offense and becomes a 8-10 year + player on this team, it's well worth the pick. The positional value arguments have become played out. We are now unable to evaluate and appreciate players for what they are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's a team game. If he elevates the offense and becomes a 8-10 year + player on this team, it's well worth the pick. The positional value arguments have become played out. We are now unable to evaluate and appreciate players for what they are.

Exactly. It's a dumb argument. 5 years from now, I think we will be very happy with Bowers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If positional value is worn out then would you recommend taking a kicker in the 1st round if he is the best player in the draft?  If so why not?

Taking a kicker in round 1 has happened before and that was Al Davis showing the world once again he has zero concept of positional value or overall value?  

Claiming positional value isn't factored into a teams decision is flat out wrong.  Let's say Pat Mahomes get's hurt, KC has the #1 pick in the draft and a generational QB, consensus overall #1 pick is sitting on the board.  Should they take that QB if they are unable to trade back?  

Over the last 30 years 3 TE's have consistently produced at level that warranted a top 15 pick.  For Bowers to pose good value, with a 2nd rounder from last year on the roster who many on here were calling baby Gronk after watching a few highlight videos, he needs to produce at a level similar to Kelce, Gronk and Gonzo. Let's hope he can....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Sebass elevated the team, earned a second, third, forth etc contract and was on the team for 17 years.  Was he well worth the pick on the 1st round? If not why is that? 

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest I don't even know why the Bowers pick needs to be defended really lol

The guy has never taken an NFL snap and we have a 23 year old second rounder from last year on the roster that many were calling Baby Gronk last year.  So yeah the pick needs to be defended and the bottom line is Bowers needs to produce at a high level.  Period. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guy has never taken an NFL snap and we have a 23 year old second rounder from last year on the roster that many were calling Baby Gronk last year.  So yeah the pick needs to be defended and the bottom line is Bowers needs to produce at a high level.  Period. 

No rookies have played snaps.

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

No rookies have played snaps.

I have no clue why you're saying the pick doesn't need to be defended unless you're implying he is a sure fire stud who will produce on the level of Gronk, Kelce or Gonzo.  

We have a 23 year old 2nd rounder on the roster from last year at a position that historically does not produce at a high level. You say it's insane that the pick needs to be defended and I say please explain to me how the pick makes sense (2 TE's in the first two round in back to back years) unless Bowers produces at the level I have mentioned in previous posts.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sebass elevated the team, earned a second, third, forth etc contract and was on the team for 17 years.  Was he well worth the pick on the 1st round? If not why is that? 

We're comparing a kicker to a skill position player? This is a huge reach man.

• Like 2