Raiders name Gardner Minshew as starting QB

RaidersAreOne

Feel like the logic is let Minshew stink it up so AOC can come to the rescue later but it's not like Minshew isn't a top 25 QB in this league. 

Feel like they should've let AOC take the reigns just to see if there's anything there and when/if it goes to **** Minshew can be the steady hand. AOC had a solid rookie year and could build on it you know what Minshew is (Borderline starter, top tier backup) 

16 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

If we had a QB, I think this team is a Super Bowl contender. Unfortunately it’s one of the worst QB Rooms in the league and QB is everything in this league. 

I could see us going 3-14, I could see us going 11-6 with a wildcard spot. Neither would surprise me. I think we likely end up around 7-10. 

If we had a QB, this team is a 13-4 Super Bowl contender 100%. 

I'm not just saying this cause we are rivals but rather cause I've already seen it time and time again with the Broncos. You are not close to a superbowl team and just a QB away (unless its mahomes or some other outlier). You wouldn't be having consistent losing/up and down seasons if your talent was as good as you think it is.

I think it's a trick we tell ourselves as fans where we try to extrapolate the positive we see and overvalue the impact of the biggest issue. Would you be better w a top12 qb, yes. Would you be threatening to dethrone the chiefs?...again I doubt you would be close with their level of coaching, drafting, and overall talent and culture there

16 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Possible. But our defense is looking very very good. Week 9 onwards they ranked 2nd in the NFL last year.

Excellent secondary. Jack Jones and Jakorian Bennnett at corner. Moehrig is due for a Pro Bowl year this year. Maxx Crosby is a Top 5-6 Defensive Player in the NFL. Malcolm Koonce broke out last year as another dominant pass rusher. We signed one of the best DT’s in football in Christian Wilkins. It’s going to be a nasty defense. 

On offense we have a great roster as well. Solid OL, Zamir White, Davante Adams, Jakobi Meyers, Tre Tucker, Brock Bowers, Michael Mayer. If you’ve never heard of Zamir White, aka Zeus, get ready. 

If we had a QB, I think this team is a Super Bowl contender. Unfortunately it’s one of the worst QB Rooms in the league and QB is everything in this league. 

I could see us going 3-14, I could see us going 11-6 with a wildcard spot. Neither would surprise me. I think we likely end up around 7-10. 

If we had a QB, this team is a 13-4 Super Bowl contender 100%. 

Just emphasizing this little nugget because it pretty much negates everything else you said about your team. You could have Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson and Tyreek Hill but without a QB it doesn't matter in today's NFL.

Think it would make more sense to start AOC. Dude probably isn't a legit starting QB, but he at least showed some promise last year. Minshew is what he is at this point - a decent bridge QB and a very good backup. Might as well see what you have in AOC.