Commanders trade with Browns for K Cade York

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I hope he becomes a stud. They're happy to trade him. He's only 23 & was drafted in the 4th Rd by Cleveland. He's out of LSU, btw. (If you're a Madden guy like me? He's got a 97 in kicking power.) 😁 

They just re-signed Dustin Hopkins to a big deal, of course they were looking to trade this kid. I hope he becomes a stud too, we surely need it & it would be nice to find a good to great kicker that we can keep for the next 15 years.

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

Why not just wait until they cut him? Weird

True! we're second on the list for cuts ! Maybe they want to use him against the Pats but a pick for an extra coupla weeks to see what he's got . It is conditional so maybe it won't end up costing anything . Young kickers - oh those growing pains !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If he were cut? I believe he would hit the waiver wire. Which we would have the #2 pick at.

But if Carolina wanted him? We'd be out.

Yeah but there may be other players we want to sign at #2 on the waiver wire so we don’t have to waste that precious spot on a kicker.

The trade is a good decision to me as long as he ends up being a good kicker for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah but there may be other players we want to sign at #2 on the waiver wire so we don’t have to waste that precious spot on a kicker.

The trade is a good decision to me as long as he ends up being a good kicker for us.

HUH, you only get to use it ONCE ? really?

50% of the games last season, were decided by 1 score I think I heard.

A good kicker, is invaluable if you can get one.

This dude hit one from 70 yards in pregame, that would have been good from 75. I saw the video. You should check it out.

It wouldn't let me imbed it here, though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If he were cut? I believe he would hit the waiver wire. Which we would have the #2 pick at.

But if Carolina wanted him? We'd be out.

Carolina has the vet Pineiro- He's been pretty good for them but you have a point- You just never know.

• Like 1