Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

Posting a bunch of people on the radio’s assumptions/opinions even if they are some of the most respected radio hosts in the DC area or were former players as facts doesn’t make it true.

Jahan just wasn’t what they were looking for in a WR bc he’s not a physical player. 

I would say that Scott Turner was one hell of an offensive coordinator bc he made Taylor Heinicke into a good NFL QB & schemed up Jahan into a WR the who got 7 TDs in 12 games.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would say that Scott Turner was one hell of an offensive coordinator bc he made Taylor Heinicke into a good NFL QB & schemed up Jahan into a WR the who got 7 TDs in 12 games.

That’s why he got another job as an offensive coordinator/was promoted to offensive coordinator when his current team fired their other one…. Oh wait

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That’s why he got another job as an offensive coordinator/was promoted to offensive coordinator when his current team fired their other one…. Oh wait

I hear you but he sure a heck did a good job with Heinicke & Jahan when Bieniemy didn’t & Kingsbury didn’t even want to try to scheme up ways to use Jahan. 🤷‍♂️

Quick check-in on the pick value chart for the trade indicates overall late 3rd round pick value (equivalent to pick #93).

I’d give us a little boost on that for two reasons: (1) we get multiple surplus picks and (2) we get what amounts to a pick swap between MIA’s 3rd and PHI’s 3rd. The two surplus picks are 7ths, true, but they are very early 7ths at least. Not unreasonable to think that Peters and company could find a contributor with one of those picks. 

Overall, I think I’m falling in the “meh” area on this trade. I’m not thrilled about it, but I’m also not really upset about it.

I think it does need to be said that Jahan sucked last season. His efficiency in terms of yards per route run was absolutely awful — and while some of it was that he didn’t get thrown to much, he also didn’t do very much with the targets he did get. We all hoped that the blame fell on EB for bad OCing or Sam for bad QBing, but now here’s a new regime and they obviously weren’t impressed either. There’s not a lot of margin for error with receivers who are both small and not elite athletes. If they thought he was in for a repeat performance of last year, then 3rd round value is going to end up looking like a steal.

That said, the part that does bother me is that once again, they’re making a move that diminishes the quality of the group Jayden Daniels will need to lean on. I’m not that pressed about Dotson himself, but I am super pressed about Jayden’s development. Even if Jahan is a bust as a 1st round WR, he still has to be better than whoever they’re going to keep as WR5 or WR6 now. So is this one of those scenarios where a move is a “win” in a vacuum — but in context, we actually hurt ourselves moving forward?

It’ll definitely be interesting to see if this move leads to a follow-up transaction to replace Jahan. I am certainly a bit concerned about the fact that our OT and WR groups appear to have gotten worse over the course of the same offseason where we drafted our new franchise QB. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

I listen to KSheehan RELIGOUSLY. Like every single podcast and show (long commute). His show has commented regularly on the following themes:

(1) Dotson not being able to get off line

(2) Dotson being easiliy re - routed by bigger stronger corners

(3) Discussion on BMITCH commentary damning Dotson's poor body language

(4) Consistent mentions that "Dotson" has to earn in, that its a new regime, including speculation that Dotson didn't embrace competition and was "behind" schematically

Thank you,TroubleZ.

I thought I was going crazy.

Edited by aceinthehouse

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

I listen to KSheehan RELIGOUSLY. Like every single podcast and show (long commute). His show has commented regularly on the following themes:

(1) Dotson not being able to get off line

(2) Dotson being easiliy re - routed by bigger stronger corners

(3) Discussion on BMITCH commentary damning Dotson's poor body language

(4) Consistent mentions that "Dotson" has to earn in, that its a new regime, including speculation that Dotson didn't embrace competition and was "behind" schematically

Sounds like a lack of talent and strength leading to attitude more than hustle and effort.

• Like 1